Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

BearBedWeb.jpg:dance:  bear_original  Yes! My little sister, the horse-raising, dog-rescuing legal advocate for all things non-human, is moving from Missouri to Texas, and has to downsize her zoo.

She's sending me a 6-year-old male Border Collie named BEAR--he's a washout at sheep trials, but he's a trained therapy dog and a general LUV. I'm so excited I could explode!!

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

AAACCCKKK - Bear is adorable!!  Lucky, lucky Eileen!!  Where to in Texas is your sister moving?

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

BearinFieldWeb.jpgMore Bear . . .

Deb Upstate New York

:clap:

He's adorable Eileen!  I just love love love my doggies.  Nothing like getting that unconditional love ... if it is from a doggie!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

BearSheepPenWeb.jpgEven more Bear . . .  bear_wub

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOL!!!  Boy you had me scared... thought you were getting a....

teddybear.jpg

YOUR bear is adorable!   bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Thanks, Sue Ann and Deb!! Barbie's moving to McAllen, Texas--near the Mexican border.

Her Hubs works for a medical tech company, and he's been promoted to Project Manager. Apparently, McAllen is a Happenin' town lately, with lots of companies relocating or locating branches there.

Barbie donated her Arabian horses to the University of Missouri. The older ones will be part of a Therapy Animal Program there, and the for youngsters will become part of the U's Arabian-only Equestrian team.

She's keeping a houseful of dogs and cats, of course, but I GOT BEAR  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

He's coming north via a relay of cars--a group of wonderful people willing to drive animals one leg of the journey to their new homes. I'll probably pick him up in Buffalo or Rochester. Barbie's already done all the paperwork, put all his records in my name, so there shouldn't be any trouble getting him across the border.

WOOHOO,
Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awwwwwwwww....... what a face.  :)

If someone would give me a trained therapy dog I would be the best dog owner on earth.  I have never been able to feel successful, relaxed, taking a dog from birth and shaping it into a creature of calm and good company.  I see it as a personal failing of mine.  It bugs the crap out of me. 

I have, however, had dogs which were older and either due to their age or someone else's strident, loving training, made fabulous companions.

My hubby came to me with a former Canine Companion -- a black lab named Linus -- in his part-time care.  That Linus was, without question, the sweetest, best, dog that has ever lived.  He literally healed my son Noah past a fairly serious and deep fear of dogs.  When Noah walked Linus, he owned the world.  And *poof* -- it became clear to him there was no longer any reason to be afraid.

Anyway, in my usual blathering way, I am stealing your thread here, Eileen.  Not my intent; just wanted to share/empathize.  So back to you...

Congratulations on the wonderful new addition to your family.  He's beyond adorable and I'm sure will make an excellent snuggling companion.  Enjoy!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

He's beautiful Eileen! I love border collies. bear_wub  They are just about the smartest dogs on the planet I think.
Congratulatins!! :dance:

Deb Upstate New York
Shelli wrote:

I see it as a personal failing of mine.  It bugs the crap out of me.

Nonsense ... you just accept, in advance, that you will need to replace the carpet and some of the woodwork!
bear_thumb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What a beautiful looking dog Eileen ......

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Eileen i am sooo pleased for you sweetie  bear_smile

'Bear' looks like one of those dogs that will follow his beloved owners to the ends of the earth - cue Lassie type adventures - uphill, down dale, over mountains, into danger through waterfalls and barbed wire fences and nasty villains trying to stop them getting back home.

I envy you Eileen - we used to have a collie but she had to go back to the farm cos she rounded everything up - not popular with the cats, kids, neighbours rabbits and geese etc.

'Bear' looks fabulous and i am sure he will bring a new dimension to your life Eileen - Walkies at 5 a.m. anyone????? ha ha ha

Big luv to ya

Penny  bear_wub

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a wonderful present for Valentines Day, Eileen.
Bear is such a gorgeous doggie and I know you will have much fun with him.

bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :hug:  Thanks, everybody--what a treat it is to share good news with my wonderful TTBuddies!  :hug:  bear_original

Actually, I'm just about daft enough to take a real grizzly if somebody offered me one . . .

Shelli, there's no such thing as hijacking a post . . . sheesh!

To tell the truth, though I'd love to believe that Bear will raise our doggy-behavior standard, I think it's more likely that we'll corrupt his manners. Which means, of course, that I'll never be able to face my little sister again!  bear_cry

I've had dogs all my life, but I don't have the character to follow through on the training routines. Most of the time, we just suffer through until they're old enough to calm down . . . say, 9 or 10.

But Bear was named Bear because he's better at hugging and snuggling than anything else. The closest he ever came to herding was by scattering the other dogs to protect a cat. As you can see in the piccie, that's about what he was doing with the sheep!

Penny, we named our eldest pup Lucy as in prima luce = dawn! I love walking the dogs at first light. It's the rest of the day that tires me out!!

Ooh ooh. Before I shut up, I have to tell you how I broke the news to dearest Hubs. After about a week of strategizing, I asked him, "Would you divorce me if I agreed to take one of Barbie's dogs?" This allowed him to hesitate several moments before agreeing to the inevitable, and we were both happy!! I never take no for an answer . . .  bear_whistle  it's just a matter of asking the right question.

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I am soooo glad to hear that you have your stategies worked out Eileen - i do admire a woman who knows how to manage a household - aka CONTROL! ha ha ha ha ha

That's the great thing about men - they can be manipulated so long as they have no escape route  bear_laugh   bear_grin   bear_tongue

Penny - call me a black widow if you like  bear_whistle

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

he is so adorable, what a beautiful face.
:hug:
Laurie

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_grin Lucky you!!!  He will become the love of your life, and your constant shadow, I'm sure  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Eileen that breed of dog ranks number ONE for intelligence.  What a beauty too!  Lucky you!  I want one too. bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Gorgeous dog! They are very very intelligent dogs!!! Lucky gal!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh lucky you, he is gorgeous!!!
You should be very proud!

kimkc Australia

What a gorgeous dog! I hope he has a wonderful, long life with you bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Bear looks like he's snuggle with anybody whose willing! LOL.  Eileen, we have a huge, 21 pound black cat named Bear.  He is the sweetest thing on earth and I love him to bits.  Maybe there's something in the name!  I know you will enjoy him and get lots of love from him.

Hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Bear is beautiful! And border collies are very smart dogs indeed! And loyal. With the therapy training you couldn't have gotten a better dog!!! You lucky duck you!!! He lookds like a great snuggler!!

Shelli wrote:

If someone would give me a trained therapy dog I would be the best dog owner on earth.  I have never been able to feel successful, relaxed, taking a dog from birth and shaping it into a creature of calm and good company.  I see it as a personal failing of mine.  It bugs the crap out of me.

Shelli - I'm going through a bout of wanting to get rid of my dogs as I just can't seem to train them properly and feel like such a failure. How can two puppies beat me? I'm enrolling us in training classes tomorrow!! I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!! I hope another Linus comes into your life some day!!

Eileen, let us know when Bear arrives!!!! Give him lots of hugs for us!!!!

:hug:   :hug:  Daphne

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Eileen...you know the way you worded your title, you would catch all of us here at TT.   bear_grin
I have to say lucky you but also lucky Bear!!!  You will make a great mom, he is so fortunate to be coming to such a great place.
Bear is just gorgeous.  I think I have seen that look before...hmmmmm, I know.  Did you see the movie Snow Dogs? 

When do you get him?  I know you are excited and I am so happy for you.

Hugs,
Nanc.........

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Bear is beautiful dog !!  bear_smile

Board footer