Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

'BEAR ARTISTRY'

I have just been given the go-ahead to spill the beans and tell you all there will be an exciting new bear artist competition launching online shortly!

The 'Excellence in Bear Artistry Awards', sponsored by Bear Basics, will be completely website based and judged by a notable panel of industry experts: Gregory Gyllenship (UK), Irene Jackman (UK), Linda Benson (AUS) and Michelle Lamb (USA).  There will also be a public vote.

This will be a professional competition, with prizes for the winners and feedback for all entrants.

International submissions will be most welcome!

The competition website can be found NOW at: www.bearartistry.com

Please spread the word among your competitive bear artist friends!  This is going to be a terrific new competition for the teddy bear world!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Now that is very exciting news, Paula!  This sounds like a fantastic competition . . . rules are simple and easy to follow, categories are straightforward, and I like the feedback for all participants.  Standing ovation for all involved in getting it organized!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hear hear! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Sue Ann summed it all up. It's great news, and an affordable competition as well!

Becky

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

That is fantastic....great for the industry to have a new competition. I like the visible judging panel and the feedback idea. Great news  :clap:

bearlady13 Posts: 177

Great News!!!! I have marked it in my Favorites already. Thanks for leting everyone know. :clap:

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Wow! Sounds exciting! Very professional website and easy to understand rules. Congratulations  :clap:
Karen

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I hope that everyone will get behind this. We have seen too many comps get canned lately. (Aaaand of course the judges are just loveeeerly  bear_happy  bear_happy )

Lyn Parker Bears

Very Exciting !! Love everything about it especially the impressive and visible judging panel.

Already planning my entry Can't wait !!

Kent
Website

The website looks great doesn't it!  I think these awards will be a real boost for the bear industry!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I saw this posted the other day - it looks great bear_original

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website
bearly credible wrote:

Wow! Another photo competition. That's two this month. We have gone from losing the British Bear Artists to gaining two new photo comps. Great News.

I only know about this one Lesley what was the other one that was announced ? I must have missed it.

warwickshire uk
Website

Didn't know we'd lost the BBAAs ...I thought  they were still going..

KatieRaeBears Katie Rae Bears
sheffield
Website

Way to go Sue its time we had a prestigious competition in the UK you have put a lot of hard work into this and it shows in the wonderful website and of course we are honoured that you chose The Great Yorkshire Teddy Bear Event Gala Dinner to announce the winners - cant wait better get sewing I have ideas already!!!

Love the fact that the judging panel is announced too

Like you said Jenny I dont think we have lost the BBAAs but there is room for two great competitions in the UK

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Can't wait, I just ordered some great new mohair, now to come up with something spectacular to enter LOL

warwickshire uk
Website

I truly hope it's well supported...I am planning my entry as we speak...LOL...
Tell you what , won't it be great to have an award ceremony and a gala dinner...better get me 'tarara' out of the pawn shop.. bear_rolleyes

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I hope I don't sound stupid, but do you send the bear or just the pics?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow
wubbiebear wrote:

I hope I don't sound stupid, but do you send the bear or just the pics?

Just the photos as detailed on the site

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

That makes me afraid to try it because if they saw the pics I take, they'd laugh at me.

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

Looks great!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Kent
Website

With such highly experienced judges as the panel for these awards casting their eagle eyes over the entries, a photo submission competition will work brilliantly as far as I'm concerned AND it means this competition can reach corners most show competitions can't.  This is definitely a forward thinking competition designed for today's competitors and it is long overdue. 

Great work Susan! :clap:

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I'm definitely not ready yet, but maybe someday I'll be brave enough to try it.  I just hate pictures, especially when I can't click the stupid camera without somebody aiming me.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA
wubbiebear wrote:

I'm definitely not ready yet, but maybe someday I'll be brave enough to try it.  I just hate pictures, especially when I can't click the stupid camera without somebody aiming me.

When the time comes that you feel you are ready I think you should maybe consider taking your bear down to the photography studio at Walmart.  I would tell them exactly what you want, and purchase just a few of what you will need.  You can purchase inexpensive packages.  With the competitions photographs are very important and if you do not have the skills for that it would be worth paying for them.

I would love to see you get to this point someday Jesse.  If you keep at it you will.

Joanne

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Ohhhhhhhh great - will have to bookmark this one and would love to participate there!!!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Could it be a basic teddy bear or does it need to be something complicated?  Could it be a bear like Pablo?  Lenora knows who I'm talking about and I'll post a pic as soon as I can get the blasted thing taken.  For here, not the comp.

Board footer