Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Cristophine Cristophine's Creationary
Pickering, Ontario
Website

DSC_0607.JPGDSC_0605.JPGI finally got around to finishing my first bear. Here he is, Gusset von Payne (called Gus), aptly named due to the headache his head gusset caused me haha!
I created the pattern from scratch and I used some black faux fur that I had in my fabric stash. In the end, I think his head turned out too big for his body, so I'll re-size it for my next bear. I also think I placed his arms too high on the body, so I'll experiment with that too. I sculpted his nose from air-dry clay and painted it brown - I kind of like the effect.
My mom thinks he's cute but she also finds him unnerving (it's the eyes lol) so while she adores him, she wants me to keep him in my room haha! I'm hoping to find some time to make bear number two soon (hopefully this time my bear won't look so mean!) and after making a couple more out of the cheaper fake fur, I hope to move on to mohair and see what it's like working with that.

Comments and critique are greatly appreciated!

bearlady13 Posts: 177

Wow I never made a nose from clay. Will it work on mini bears mine are about 3 inches. He is cute.

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

What a great job you have done!  I don't think he looks mean at all  bear_wub

Cristophine Cristophine's Creationary
Pickering, Ontario
Website

Thanks so much guys! *hugs* I can't wait to get started on bear#2 bear_laugh

Board footer