Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

P1030758tt.jpgThis is Bellamy, an unusual and appealing 15" bear made from hand-dyed mohair in a deep plummy brown and a long fluffy tipped mohair for his tummy. That lighter-colored mohair was also used to give Bellamy his eye patches and muzzle highlights.
     Bellamy is firmly jointed and gently weighted for stability and huggability. He has violet glass eyes, matching paw pads in cotton velvet, and an embroidered nose and mouth. He's listed for sale on my website: www.dangerbears.com

Becky

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

Beautiful Becky, I saw him earlier on Bearpile bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Bellamy is a lovely colour and I love the way you have used lighter mohair for his tummy and features, it works so well....love him bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

Becky, he is gorgeous, I love how you used the dif. mohair colors! Perfect! Huge Hugs, Susan.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks very much, Carol, Susan, and everyone! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I'm happy with the way he turned out, and grateful to Joanne Livingston for figuring out how to root mohair strands. The highlights do a lot for Bellamy's facial expression, I think. bear_flower

Becky

Conni Germany

Becky, your Bellamy is wonderful!

annalong MadebyAnna

Beautiful ! Love the colors and soulful expression  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Conni, Brenda, Anna! :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Your comments mean a lot to me. bear_flower

Becky

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Great bear, Becky!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

He is really beautiful, Becky! He has such a sweet, caring face. bear_wub

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hasn't he got the sweetest expression?  It makes me want to reach out to him for a big hug!  bear_wub

The colour of the fur is beautiful as well; even though it's purple-ish ( bear_laugh ) it really suits him and gives him a warm inviting presence.  bear_thumb

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter, Arthur, Vincent & the bears

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks very much, Thelma, Debora, and Peter! :hug:  :hug:  :hug: You make my day. bear_original

Becky

donatel Berlin
Website

Beautiful!!!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awww love this bear Becky, gorgeous face  bear_wub

Pauline

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Becky,

I'm loving the colour of Bellamy, it's so unusual. He looks very cuddly too. I am intriuged by the rooting of mohair strands into his face, it sounds quite tricky. Very worthwhile though, I love the effect it gives.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, ladies!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lisa wrote:

I am intriuged by the rooting of mohair strands into his face, it sounds quite tricky.

It's not so difficult if you use the whole strands of mohair (they're doubled, really, with a kink at the bottom). Then it's just a matter of poking the bottom kink into the muzzle with a felting needle and stabbing until the strand is felted into the stuffing. Then I pull and brush, and some of the mohair fibers might come out, but some are firmly rooted. And...repeat! bear_laugh

Becky

Board footer