Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

IMG_5641skeeter.JPGIMG_5716skeeter.JPGIMG_5629skeeter.JPGIMG_5668Skeeter.JPG“Catch of the Day  features Skeeter, a 7" tan hand dyed mohair bear holding a wooden fishing rod, handmade by my husband Mike, with a painted muslin fish on the end.  His other paw holds another, larger painted muslin fish. All items are hand made and OOAK.
Skeeter is available on http://tcfolk.bearpile.com/

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What a wonderful character Skeeter is!  bear_wub His nose is my favorite bit. bear_original

Becky

Tatty Bears South Australia

His face is lovely, I also love his nose.

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Thanks Becky and Sheree!  I always tell myself that I'm going to do something different with the nose, but I always come back to embroidery!  My favorite.  tc

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

I thank you, Pink, and so does Mike!!!!   :hug:  :hug: tc

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

What a sweet and lovable bear! bear_wub

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Hi Thelma,
What a sweet and lovable character your Skeeter is! Love his nose. And BTW in my opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong - quite the contrary I'd say - with an oldfashioned embroidered nose, especially when made with aim for perfection like your bears noses. When you start making alternative noses like from resin, Fimo clay, leather or needlefelting, it will take some time for your own R&D and then to develop your own signature. Until then I like your bears as they are now!

Marianne

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Thank you so much, Marianne!  I talk a lot, but I am so happy with embroidered noses, that I will probably never do any thing else! I keep trying different things for the nose, but they all involve embroidery.  I've started needle sculpting them between the horizontal stitches and the final vertical stitches.  Really like the way it turns out.  You do a pretty nice nose yourself, you know!  bear_grin

Board footer