Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tatty Bears South Australia

Hi All,
       I am keen to make a bear with a wobbly neck and I have researched how to do it but I was wondering up to what size bears would these be suitable for? Also would it have to be a small headed bear?

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

I recently did an 17" Saint Bernard with a wobble neck joint (using two cotter pins) and he has quite a big head. He turned out great. It actually enhances him as it gives him the ability to tilt his head without a much more complicated double neck joint.  Here are a few pics of him.
IMG_0149_copy.jpg
IMG_0117_copy.jpg
You can also see a picture of this fellow in the June issue of Teddy Bear & friends.
So I don't think you are limited in size. I think it is always a good idea to experiment anyway as you never know what great ideas and accomplishments you might come up with.
Beth

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Hi Sheree: you can do wobbly necks with smaller bears too. even 3-4 inches. I works because the size if the disc is proportional to the size of the head and body. You are using the extra cotter pin (again appropriate for the size of the disc).

Board footer