Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Tatty Bears South Australia

O.K all, listen up, I want to talk about the not so glamorous part of bear making....... The state of my fingers!!!!!!!

They are cover in cuts and flakey white with dryness.

What do YOU do? Do you wear a thimble or a you constantly applying hand cream?????

HELP.

thondra rosenheim / bayern
Website

i live with it :P
i hate thimbles
and handcream doesnt make me too happy either

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Handcream makes everything slippery, I am also covered in cuts - just part of the job I guess!

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

I also hate hand cream that is too greasy. I have found a couple of brands of hand cream that gets well absorbed and even if they are not as 'strong' as other brands, I just use them very often. I also can't work using a thimble, but I hate having dry hands...even when I clean around the house I'm always putting cream on my hands in between chores. It helps. I can't say I have soft hands, but they are not as damaged as they would be otherwise! bear_original

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Just wait - it gets even better - you get arthritis in your finger and thumb joints to go with the cuts and dryness!   I can't use a thimble unless I put one on all my fingers and thumb because if I only use one I just use a finger that doesn't have one.  I have experimented with many different hand lotions until I found one that worked for me.  When I'm finished for the session, I put it on then. Bears are worth it.  bear_flower

Board footer