Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Beagan--friend-1.06.jpgTrio-of-bears-1.06.jpgBabyDragongreenish-1.06.jpgBeagan-sitting-1.06.jpgBeagan-Standing-1.06.jpgBeagan-Sitting1-1.06.jpgOh So quiet in Mini Land!   

I have been playing with the camera a bit today and here is Beagan.     

I had a ton of fun making him.  He is about 2 inches tall.    His fur is vintage med/long pile and hand dyed in a mottled effect.   The camera does not pick it all up but it is very notinoticeableperson.   I put a big honker nose on him as he seemed to need one.   learned another lesson with him.  The embrembroiderythe nose was very good with the exception on one, One!, stray stitch.  You can't see it on the camera, but in person it's there!   Note to self, track your stitches better  :lol:

I also took a picture of an older Dragon I did, quite the fat  little fellow. Again made out of vintage (shiney)long pile in a really wierd green color.  Yet to be named.  The name part for me is the hardest!  Does anyone else have that problem?   Arrrr....

Anytihing else going on in Mini Land?   So quiet!  Everyone must be preparing for the SuperBowl!   

Duff

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Your bears are adorable!!!! I really like them!  I like your dragon too!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Kamekosmall.jpgakina.jpgVery  nice all of them! Must add you to my list of future dream swap partners.  bear_rolleyes
I have been putting my minis in the Showcase, but here they are. Crocheted animes. Akina the pink baby and Kameko.

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Duff you make the most amazing mini bears i have ever seen, They have so much character  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wonderful, beautiful, totally awesome little minis, Duff!

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Thank you Ladies!   

Again, I am so honored that you all feel that way!  I have been huge fans of your bears.
As we all do, I love the whole process of trying to gather a personality!     I am attemping my largest bear so far for the Swap with Eileen.   I hope it will be about 8-9 inches when done. It is bringing on a whole new set of challenges, such fun!

Sabine,   I just love your little knitted ones!  I am in awe that anyone could knit something so small  bear_grin   They are just wonderful!   

Uh oh, should I actually be putting these in the Showcase section?  It never occurred to me.  I'll do that in the future. Sorry everyone.

Duff

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

I am going to have to try a mini. The smallest one I have tried is 4 1/2".....but not a 2".  I don't know if I could see to do one that small.  It is on my list to do to try.  I love your little mini Duff. bear_original

Lynn

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Thank you Duff. They are crocheted and a bit larger than yours, about 2.5 inches. I think its ok to put the pics here, because not everybody looks in the showcase section. I'm not sure myself and do sometimes here sometimes there. I wasn't criticizing you, just telling that I had my bears in showcase.  :hug:

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Brownbear.jpgBootybear-1.05.jpgInteresting about mini's; 

I read some where a long time ago. Find a pattern you like and a size you like. Then gradually work your way down to a smaller bear using a copier and the pattern. Then with each bear make is smaller by 10% or so.   Worked like a charm for me.  As you go smaller you hardly notice the size difference.  I am down to about 2 inches with a solid bear.    After the swap I will try something a bit smaller again and see if I can pull it off

The 1st bears I made were aboout 5-6 inches or so.   made them all wiht the wrong fabric, wrong stuffing, etc. but learned a lot along the way.  I have a herd of very suspect looking bears!      .

Here is a picture of Booty Bear, Lesson learned here - some fur is just not made for samll bears! If he was not a boy I'd call himm J-lo  bear_grin

The other is what I thought was a mini when I 1st started making bears,   I was so proud!  Now he looks huge compared to the rest of them!

Sabine, no offense taken!    bear_wub   What size needle do you use to make a bear that small?   

To all the Knitted bearer's My hats off to you, Just amazing!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Duff - I used a 1.0 mm crochet hook with punch thread (not sure about US size, Japanese Clover 6), but sometimes I use even smaller thread and hook.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

What a beautiful and adorable baby bear! I am in love!

Many Hugs Louise

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

They are all so cute..and magical...Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I for one am grateful for quiet weekends....it gives me a chance to catch up...

good job on your little guys and boy do we love folks who love their cameras and take pics.  Thnk you!!!

dilu

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Duff, Beagan is so sweet and tiny!  Such detail on those toes :)
We don't have the super bowl here, so I suppose its great to catch up on here while everyone is busy  bear_tongue
Hugs Sarah

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Wonderfull creations Duff!!!!! I love, love, love that dragon too!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Board footer