Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

I just wandered in off the "Boredom" thread in "General Discussion" and figured one way to fight off boredom is to try something completely new. So what is the weirdest, zaniest thing you've tried when making a bear? Weird themes, odd color combinations, fabric dyes that should have been thought out more, combinations of materials that seemed a bit crazy . . . and let us know if it worked or not!

(My ulterior motive: I finished sewing a bear made entirely of leopard print ultrasuede and now I'm afraid to stuff and joint him. I'm worried he'll look too weird without any fur . . . I'm hoping I'm not the only one who's had second thoughts half-way through trying something new . . .)

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Yep I tried a rat which looks like a combination between a rat and a kangaroo, took me agest to finish her Ijust knew it wasn't going to be what I had hoped!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

UD34.jpgbear_laugh  How's this. . .

My very first artist bear was an Ugly Duckling Bear, a mink/rabbit combination with webbed feet, wingy forepaws and an upturned duck tail.

Eat your hearts out, weirdos  bear_laugh

Eileen

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Ha, Ha, ha, ha ....Eileen your too funny ...Hey way above me..your brave and thats good for boredom ...also you just might create something really desirable..you wont know unless you try...

Why not fix him up after he is born ?
Lets see ...what can I come up with.... like add some  wild orange hair to his head , give him some green eyes..and a wood beaded necklace, give him a indian type sarong scrappy little thing , a loin cloth ...and give him a spear with scrawney chicken feathers poking out at the top...(confession. I once tore apart one of those bright colored dusters to make me a hair piece for a saloon girl costume.) !  It might be a good idea when you get into one of these moods that you continue to do so you can finish it...like drink some wine , he, he...just get wild with it...lol   Winney

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

blackandginger-doggy-normal.jpgThis wee dog  is in leopard print and a matching black in mini bear fabric. Cotter pin jointed with leather suede feet. He also has a thumb on his hands and wired ears. I designed him to lay on his back like this. bear_grin
Unfortunately this is the only photo of him.

Matilda

Board footer