Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Hi all,
I don't know what to do with myself today as i have just had a phone call from my mum telling that my grandma has passed away today.

I don't want you all to feel sorry for me but i feel that i just needed to talk about it and i really need a hug  bear_cry
She has been ill for some months now and we all knew that this day would come but it still don't make it any easy.
She meant so much to me and i know that i did to her as i am her only granddaughter.

Hugs to you all  :hug:

Vicki

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Huge Big Hugs to you Vicki)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandma. It is so hard to loose a family member. I will hold you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs Jane

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Vicki,

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Grandma and even though she had been ill, is always
a hard time in one's life.
May the memories you hold in your heart, bring healing and peace.

Sending my love and hugs your way
Carolyn :hug:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Dear Vicki,

I am so very sorry to hear about your Grandma, I lost mine 40 years ago and as silly as it seems I still think of her & sometimes just out of the blue I can see her lovely face...I loved her very much & somehow I know that she has been watching over me all these years. Your granny will always be in your heart, cherish her memory, my deepest condolences to you and yours.

huge big hugs, :hug:
Denise

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Vicki,
I'm so sorry you're hurting, but glad you felt you could share with us. Grandma's are such precious people and that's why it hurts so much when they leave us. I know the feeling you have today, kinda disbeleif and unsettled all together.
Sending big hugs to you. :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:   :hug:   :hug:  I'm so sorry.Wish I could express myself better  bear_cry   bear_cry   :hug:   :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Vicki... This is one of those times when I really wish that people could just teleport themselves across oceans.... If I could, I'd love to be able to give you a great big hug in person....  bear_cry   I'm so sorry....

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Me too :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Big hugs to you......... you are in my prayers.

Youve_Got_A_Friend_In_Me-1600x1200.jpg

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Sorry to hear about your Grandma.  Hugs to you!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

h050.gif  k055.gif  d050.gif

So sorry.....

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland
bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh my Vickie! I am so very sorry Hon for your loss! You and your family are in our hearts during this time of grief. If you ever need to talk don't hesitate to PM me and I will send you our phone number!

Many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so sorry about your granny, Vicki - it's really hard to lose family members.  My warmest condolences.  I'm sure you have many cherished memories of her to think about in the future.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sorry to hear that  bear_sad   BIG BIG  :hug:

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

:hug:  :hug: So sorry for your loss  :hug:  :hug:
Take Care

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  I'm so sorry Vicki. ((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))
It is always hard t lose a loved one and my heart goes out to you.
:hug: sending you warm thoughts and hugs....

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Vicki, It's so hard when someone we love dies, but perhaps this poem I heard read at a friends funeral might help in some small way.

THE DASH 
   I read of a man who stood to speak At a funeral of a friend. He referred to the dates on her tombstone From the beginning...to the end.     He noted that first came her date of birth And spoke the following date with tears, But he said what mattered most of all Was the dash between those years. (1934-2006)     For that dash represents all the time That she spent alive on earth... And now only those who loved her Know what that little line is worth.     For it matters not, how much we own The cars...the house...the cash, What matters most is how we live and love And how we spend our dash.     So think about this long and hard... Are there things you'd like to change? For you never know how much time is left, That can still be rearranged.     If we could just slow down enough To consider what's true and real, And always try to understand The way other people feel.     And be less quick to anger, And show appreciation more And love the people in our lives Like we've never loved before.     If we treat each other with respect, And more often wear a smile... Remembering that this special dash, Might only last a little while.     So, when your eulogy's being read With your life's actions to rehash... Would you be proud of the things they say About how we spend our dash?     By Linda Ellis

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Vickie  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Of course it hurts honey, and you'll always miss her.....It's one of the draw backs to life that they don't tell us when we first get here.....

I'm sorry. :hug:  :hug:

We don't get outa life without a few tears along the way.... bear_cry
But we care and are here....I'd love to see a picture of her......

bear_flower

dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Vicki, I am so sorry for your loss...my prayers will be with you and your family...sending you a big cuddle
xo sarah   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Vicki,

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your Grandma!  Grandma's are so special.  I will say a prayer for you tonight!  I will be thinking of you!   

big hugs,
Sheila  :hug:

nettie scotland
Website

So sorry to hear about your granny.Grannies are so special.Count yourself lucky you had a great one and you obviously loved each other.Lots of people miss out on that.
You will be able to think fondly of her and all the things you did together.
Diane xxxx

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

My dear Vicky,
Of course you need a hug, no time is ever the right time, to say good bye.
:hug:
Lynette

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Vicki Big Hugssss on the way :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer