Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Chubs2.jpgChubs1.jpgSo, it's midnight last night, I've just finished a bear before I start on the bunnies I have to make and I desparately wanted to get a photo taken of this little guy before I boxed him up to ship.

But, at that hour it's quite dark, I still don't have the proper lighting for my light tent and I was too sleepy to drag every lamp we have into my room for a few quick photos. So, while trying to figure out what to do I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. Man, that light inside the fridge is bright when it's late and your eyes are tired!

That's it!!!! The lighting is perfect for a few bear photos!!!! So, I took the stuff off the top shelf of the fridge, sat this little guy down on a piece of white paper towel and took his picture! The lighting was great, nice and bright and crisp and clean. Sat him right under the light. So, perhaps there is some shadowing... but still I was quite pleased with myself!! :D

So, if you are in need of some good lighting fast, the bear isn't too big and your fridge isn't so crammed full that you shudder at the thought of clearing a space..... there's the solution!!

Anybody else found a quick and easy fix to lighting and picture taking??

:hug:
Daphne

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's soo funny Daphne. I can just imagine if you forget if them there, and someone else opens the fridge. LOL  bear_laugh

For my fast and easy pics ( almost all of them ) LOLOL I have one lamp with a long extending arm that I use.
If the bear is small enough, I just hover the light right above the bears head, and manage to get a few good pics in that way.

Now, where are those pics of your bear Daphne?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Very 'cool' Daphne!  I never would have though of that.  Would love to see your pictures.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

What a great idea...I think I might just clear out the fridge and do all my photo's in there...plus it would be a great way to diet.  No food...

HA HA HA HA HA...oops forgot about the chips in the pantry!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:  bear_laugh  What a neat idea, Daphne, especially for Polar Bears!  bear_laugh

Eileen

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Nifty Idea.  The fridge is one large light tent.   Your bear is a sweetheart.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

That's so funny! But, hey, whatever works! I have to admit that I am inclined to try the fridge just for fun!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oops, I forgot to say your little bear is really cute!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Oooh even better with pictures! He's adorable, with and without the yoghurt (?)  bear_wub

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great idea, Daphne . . . and very creative thinking!  The bear is a cutie!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

What a unique idea........I will have to try that next time.......especially for my penguins, but the big one won't fit. bear_sad .............the others will though! bear_original

Your little guy is very cute........and the yogurt container is a nice touch, something sweet that he can eat.  :bday: hopefully he didn't make a mess while eating it.  bear_grin

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Daphne, that is such a great idea.  Thanks for sharing your adorable bear.  Is that your first felted creation ?  I just caved and bought supplies to try felting today.  Another addiction coming I sure !

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Glad you all dont think I've really gone off the deep end!

"Chubs" is for someone who adopted one of my bears and wanted a little friend for him!

I've made a whole 7 felted bears to date, a few flowers and lots of foot pads and dog noses.

Tammy it's lots of fun, a nice change between sewn bears. Hope you got Barbara Allen's book. It's the best!
I'm going to be teaching my first felting class in 6 weeks... I'm really excited about it!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Daphne, Queen of the Repurposing

Very very clever!  Very well done, your bear by the way is adorable!  And with the proper condiments you can help in the defining of the bear! 

Too funny

I love that you did it and shared....very funny, and the pic is great!

dilu

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Daphne, that's great that  you are going to be teaching.  I wasn't planning to get supplies today.  I happened to drop in to a new yarn shop and thought to ask about roving.  She was actually just packaging some on the counter for someone, and said she just heard about felting yesterday.  I was the 3rd person to ask about it since then.  She had 1 kit with 4 needles and foam so I grabbed it.   I'll order that book too, thanks.  I expect I'll be doing Judi's class next !

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a wonderful Light tent, Daphne .... very clever. Replacing the beer with your Bear.
I love your little Chubs- very cute.

bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you ladies!!  :hug:

Tammy - the shop I'm teaching in filled the class in two days.. 6 people signed up!  It's THE thing right now in quilt shops and yarn shops! Very cool! Have fun!!

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Daphne .... ditto on being clever bear_thumb .......I am chuckling here.....  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin chilled bear!!!   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

He is so cute.......  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs  :hug:
Kassity

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Fantastic idea Daphne and one I'm sure to use as I don't know why but I always seem to need to take photos when it is late at night or the weather is a bit dodgey....and unfortunately santa didn't bring me a light tent  bear_sad

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Daphne,

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin , My hubby said there you go honey, you don't need a light tent!!!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin , Way too funny!  Your little bear turned out great! bear_thumb
Lynn

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

HA HA HA... cool idea!!!  bear_thumb

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Daphne,

What a neat idea!  You can photograph your bears and raid the fridge at the same time!  By using your idea, I could be shooting and chewing in the time it takes to set up my light tent.

Necessity is the Mother of invention or discovery in this case.

Hugs,

Wanda

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Daphne...I am dying here, laughing at the thought of you taking a picture in your refrigerator at mid-night.

The hubster asked me what I was laughing about and I read him your post...he smiled and said..."that sounds just like something you would do Nanc"  Well, humpf....I would NOT.  I wouldn't even have thought of something so clever.  bear_grin  bear_grin

:hug:
Nanc....

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

haha  bear_laugh what a great idea bear_original  I'm the same, dragging lights here there and everywhere for my light tent lol.
Gorgeous little one too  bear_innocent
hugs sarah

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I told my husband tonight that we need a bigger fridge (it's only 1 1/2 yrs. old and there are only two of us!) When he asked why I told him that ours has the freezer on the top which means I have to stoop down to take pictures of my bears in refridgerator part... and I'd like to be able to photgraph the bigger bears in there too.

He had this big blank look on his face..... so I explained the whole thing and he says "I'll stop at the photography supply shop tomorrow and buy you some special lamps. They've GOT to cost less than a fridge and the electricity to keep it cold while you have the door open primping and focusing!"

I guess that was one way to get my lighting!! Hee Hee!!!

Board footer