Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Good Morning
I have a problem in makeing my bears stand whether my small or large bears
I  line the foot pad with card, add steel shot or glass beads fill legs tightly make sure body is very firm,and still i cannot get them to stand on there own i have replaced the leg position on the body,what am i doing wrong i feel so stupid i cant rectify this problem
Any tips please would be welcome
Have a great day,  Thanks Paula

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Paula, the things you have said are all correct. You could try using an enclosed steel shot little bag in the lower part of the bear tummy. Don't close the bear body immediately but move the bag around the body to help him get the correct balance when standing. Also don't look at leg placement only, his balance depends on the whole body positioning, head, arms...
Another thing that helps is to spread the legs a bit apart, so that the feet are not one beside the other with their sides touching.
I hope I have been helpful.
Good luck!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I have also had better luck getting my bears to stand if the legs are wired.  It is easier to position the feet to help them stand.

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Hopefully (if I've done this right!), this link will lead you to "Stand Alone Teddy" where there is some answers on how to make teddy stand!  http://www.teddy-talk.com/search.php?ac … _as=topics

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Thanktou Francesca,Joanne and Thelma
I will try steel shot in belly instead of beads,also wire legs as ive only ever wired arrms,I will look at the Thread

Thankyou all ill let you know how it goes when i make another standing teddy
Have a great day
Regards Paula

Board footer