Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Everytime I finish a bear or doll it looks like a Texas Tornado came through
my studio. LOL
No matter how much I pick up after myself as I go it just looks awful.
Flowers, ribbons, thousands of pieces of fur, fur fuzzzzzzzzzzz, thread, paper pieces, you name it all end up on the floor.
My husband faints when he gets home.
Then I clean it all up just to start again!  bear_grin
Some day I need to post a before and after studio pic  bear_grin

Please tell me this is how your studio looks also  bear_cry

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

hahahahaha
I got lucky, I got a entire bedroom just for my designing!
But with all the doll stuff over the last few years this room is already packed.
We will always run out of room  bear_grin

Bev College Place, WA

My theory is that if its neat then you aren't working and are not very creative!!! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. I always work out of heaps on the floor. About once a year I put it all away and then I can't find anything, so now you have an excuse.    bear Hugs Bev

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

LOL the dinner table...............
That is where I go to draw my patterns,
so I have used that excuse more than once myself.

Then lay all the pattern pieces on top of the counter tops
and say you can't cook, that worked one night and we went
out to eat. LOL

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado
Bev wrote:

About once a year I put it all away and then I can't find anything, so now you have an excuse.    bear Hugs Bev

Boy, you have that right, everytime I put everything away, you can't find it
forever! LOL

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I once ran a Messiest Workroom Contest (and I sure hope none of the ppl that saw the images is on this list...) because I'd be embarrassed to tell you who won. 
I think it was the person who torqued her new knee today trying to get to the mailing Customs labels.....
Unsigned

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have a work area downstairs and also on our first floor... the living room is now the living/bear room LOL I have taken over the coffee table, under the coffee table and part of the dining room LOL.. my work area looks a mess when I am creating as well LOL

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A lot of us posted photos of our "studios" awhile back.  We had many posts on who could win the contest for messiest room.  I'll see if I can find the thread.

Here's one link that I found.      http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=501&p=1

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would be too embarassed to post a pic... I am very anal retentive about keeping tidy and having things in there place but that all goes out the window when I am creating LOL... there is order but there is also mess LOL

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am lucky, it is just my hubby and I  (and the pups) and it is a two story house with three bedrooms and a completed basement ... I have lots of room! bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh my gosh - I would win the messiest room with no one able to even come close.  I am starting to clean the bedrooms before listing the house for sale, and have alloted a week for my workroom and I'm not kidding!  I can't remember the last time it was actually tidy - maybe six monthe ago.  I'm good for a while, if I can keep things really under control, but when I pass that point  of no return, there doesn't seem to be any going back.  I have NO organizational skills WHATSOEVER for large areas.  I can deal on a small scale and nothing else.  If I have time before I leave to babysit tomorrow, I'll snap a picture.  There are so many magazines on the floor, that if I'm not careful where I step, I slide and end up doing the splits LOL.  Anyway, gotta run - take care.

Hugs,

Brenda

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

workroom4.jpgHi again,
     Here's a picture of a quarter of my room - I decided I would be too embarassed to post all of it LOL!

Hugs,

Brenda

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Brenda...that looks like home from home to me. There is no way we could do this work without causing some sort of chaos. I have given up on having a completely tidy workspace.  Your room looks perfectly normal for a bear makers room. I do have to tidy it all up at least once a week though as I hate to be caught out by visitors.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
whiteforestbears wrote:
kbonsall wrote:

I am lucky, it is just my hubby and I  (and the pups) and it is a two story house with three bedrooms and a completed basement ... I have lots of room! :)

Ok then I'm MOVING IN! But it'll have to wait until spring as I HATE COLD WEATHER. We have a large apartment with a 2 car attached garage, but with the two of us, two cats and a parrott??/ Forgettaboutit - So we'll just all move in with you!  :teddybear:

LMAO!  I am allergic to cats though and my dogs would probably want to eat them LOL

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

When I bought my house the plan was that the guest room at the front would be guest room / studio space. I loaded all my bear stuff into the guest room closet and moved in a good sized desk, some shelving . . . Then my significant other took over all the horizontal space for HIS projects. Sigh. (And I do mean all the horizontal space: floor, guest bed, shelves . . . if stuff would stick to the ceiling he'd use that too).

To add insult to injury, my closet also became home to all the excess toilet paper and paper towels from "stocking up" shopping trips. I have to move it out of the way to get to my mohair! 

So I've been forced into being tidy because everything I'm working on needs to be hauled out to the kitchen table and back. Each unfinished bear lives in a ziploc bag that includes scissors, needles and thread. 

My SO promises that as soon as we finish the basement he'll move his stuff down there and I'll have the guest room back . . . but finishing the basement is a five+ year away project and I'm impatient. My plan is to take over the closet in the library, which is bigger than the guest room closet and has a handy electrical plug inside. The plug is there because there was going to be a fish tank in that closet . . . long story. Anyway, I think I can fit a little desk in there and leave my sewing machine set up on it. I'll probably still need the kitchen table for cutting out stuff but otherwise I'll be in good shape. 

It's nice having a significant other who is as craftily inclined as I am -- we end up sharing tips and tools on occasion -- but not so much fun fighting over studio space. So wish me luck in my invasion of the library closet!

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Interesting thread. I've just finished a bear and I was thinking of the whole process my studio goes thru.

As I'm making a bear, my studio gets super messy, stuff everywhere. I kinda like it that way. I feel I can be more creative when I'm not worried about the mess, and it's nice to see everything out right in front of me.

Near the end of the bear, I start to get a little annoyed with the mess, and then as soon as I'm done, I put everything away. Vacuum up everything and start all over.

I just love the fresh feeling of a clean studio, where I can pull out my paper and start drawing a new pattern. Or take pictures etc. I would get really frustrated when I used to work on the couch. Mess everywhere.

But it is nice to know i'm not the only messy one when I'm creating.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
TamiL wrote:
Bev wrote:

About once a year I put it all away and then I can't find anything, so now you have an excuse.    bear Hugs Bev

Boy, you have that right, everytime I put everything away, you can't find it
forever! LOL

AHA!  You've hit the nail on the head for me too!!!

Our old living room is my studio.  We put a pretty good sized addition on our house and my studio connects to our new living room with a glass window door.....so I can keep my eye on my kids while I'm in here...it's  a jungle in here bear_laugh

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Yep my work room is a mess.  I tend to try keep it tidier as the room I use has 4 other functions. 
But when I am creating in there it can look horrific..  At the moment it is all right not great but not terrible either.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

You don't even want to see what ours looks like. Don't even ask...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh darlling Tami, 

The whole house is involved in the bear and golly making process.  There is frequently golly hair fuzz floating in the spa and between the cats and the parrot and the mohair i have to vacuume every single day.....its a compulsion.  Bu i rarely ever get everything put away.  My hubs gave me a beautiful studio last summer, and i truly love it, but i don't spend much time in it....I'm all over the place and so are the critters......and the house is really too small for this.

Fortunetly my mom in law was the same way so the hubs doesn't know there is another way to live!  wooHoo!!! She raised him up right!

'
dilu

Board footer