Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Deb Upstate New York

Anyone have a picture of Intercal's dark topaz eyes installed in a bear?  (I guess you install them, don't you?) 

Thanks!
bear_grin

Deb Upstate New York

Anyone?

Okay, just hold them up to a piece of mohair and snap a photo.  Pwitty pweeze?

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sorry, can't help you.
But I think you should just get some cheap craft paints and some clear glass eyes. That way, at least you can remove the color if you don't like it.
If that applies to your situation at all.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I haven't used any of the coloured eyes, but I'm dying to see them!!!  I hope someone will post pics for you soon  :pray:

Deb Upstate New York

I'm just gonna order them. 

Heather ~ The results of others is lovely, but it's not a process that appeals to me.  bear_ermm   
Will have to noodle that one.

Thanks.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Deb,
I don't have a photo to show you the dark topaz eye but I can tell you they are beautiful.  They create a subtle pupil look.  When they are in the bears head they show a hint of the black pupil, which can be hard to see in photos but look really nice in person.

Wish I could help more.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Deb, I would be interested in knowing how you like them.  I can't seem to find the right shade of brown to handpaint my eyes.  It's either too mauvy or too orangy. 

How's that studio coming along?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

LUNA_CU.jpgHUMPHREY_openmouth.jpgShantell, have you tried the light topaz to hand paint your eyes?

These two  bears both  have light topaz eyes.

Deb Upstate New York

Judi ~ Thank you so much.  That's all the info I needed.  Key word = subtle.  Thanks.

Shantell ~ Thanks for askin'!  I'm up to my eyeballs with the studio.  As usual, making everything more difficult than it needs to be.  As soon as Dave (the contractor and good friend of ours) gets his mess out, I can start painting.  I've already decided I want to do a crackle paint effect on the stairs.  Benjamin Moore makes a special top clear coat for high traffic areas.  THEN ... I've found a lady who makes hand made braided rug stair treads to protect.

THEN ... I get this idea ... well ... if I do that ... why not paint the FLOOR too, and find a braided rug or two or three.

On my way to Home Depot now to look for fluorescent lights for light closet.  Lowe's didn't have exactly what I need/want.  And oh, a stop at the freakin' paint store and ....

I should have said "Why thank you for asking Shantell; it's coming along just dandy."

HAAA!  Meantime ... bears in pieces on kitchen table and family eating fur in the meatloaf.

bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I LOVE the smoked topaz eyes . . . not near as orange-y as the dark topaz.

Deb Upstate New York

Thankfully haven't placed order yet.  Will include smoked topaz too!  Thanks SueAnn!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Have alot of fun with eyes, girls!
i am going to use glass eyes for the first time on my swap bear!

I did not know that topaz eyes were kind of yellowy colour. I thought this was some green colour. I realized that while looking at glass coloured eyes on web sites.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

cavaliers.jpgHi Deb,
I use dark smokey topaz eyes for my dogs.  Gives a more realistic look.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Glenys, WOW, what magnificent dogs!  I didn't know you did dogs too.  Those are grogeous!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

What lovely pups!!!!   bear_happy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super doggies, Glenys!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wow, Judi & Glenys !!! thanks for
posting beautiful  photos!  bear_wub  :clap:   

Hi Deb,
I love Intercal #560 color eyes!
I used dark topaz for my avatar bear but I painted black color with
little of gold on the dark topaz eye.
I love the result very much !!  bear_wub

Sue Ann,
I never used smokey topaz eye!
I better get them with my next order.
bear_laugh he he

Hugs/Marie

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Gorgeous pups.  Love the dark smokey topaz too.  I have started painting my own but still have them they are great.

Deb Upstate New York

Thanks everyone!  I'm going to place an order this weekend!
:hug:

Board footer