Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

LitWit Posts: 298

Or buy yourself one as a late present? I was lucky enough to have one under the tree: my uncle buys me one (of my choosing) every year. This year, it was my very own Aloysius!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nisbet-England- … true&rt=nc. bear_smile

I never thought I'd actually own one, let alone the large size! He's stuffed to be sort of lumpy and saggy in places, as though he really had been carried around for 18 years, which I think is charming. He doesn't have his British Airways flight bag, but I don't think that matters, since he won't be doing anymore traveling.

So how about you?  bear_smile

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

well there is my giant mystery bear.....but since I bought him for myself, does that count?  bear_happy

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Aloysius is a charmer!

I did treat myself to a little bunny named Napoleon from Judy Mathis. I haven't taken my own photos of him, so I hope she won't mind my sharing hers.

Becky
1357143708_napoleon_bunny_by_judy_mathis.jpg

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

I love Aloysius (and I have one at home too  bear_smile ): what a great present!
A very cute bunny too, Becky!  :love:

I got a lovely bear from my friend Claudie in Marseille: he is called "Silver"

1357144837_silver_ea04small.jpg

And I treated myself to a big (32") Charlie Bear called "Sir Hugalot"

1357144951_sir_hugalot10.jpg

Miser Miser Bears

Oh wow, I must say Sir Hugalot looks wonderful! My mother in law took me to a bear fair in November and I picked out a sad looking Charlie bear. He looks like a Hobo, and I found an old man hat for him in a charity shop and gave him a bottle of Bear Whisky! I call him Reg  bear_wub

1357155066_snowball_015.jpg

Miser wrote:

Oh wow, I must say Sir Hugalot looks wonderful! My mother in law took me to a bear fair in November and I picked out a sad looking Charlie bear. He looks like a Hobo, and I found an old man hat for him in a charity shop and gave him a bottle of Bear Whisky! I call him Reg  :love:

I think you need to give Reg a new bottle of Bear Whisky, Heather; then he won't look so sad.  bear_laugh

BeeBears BeeBears
Guben
Website

Well,yes I did get a bear for Christmas but also a little big for New Years Eve-does this count as well? bear_original
It was a swap in a german teddy bear group.
For the Christmas swap I was sending my little chrismas snail and a little red bear came to live with me...
And as a talisman for the new year I swapped my little piggy (Erdmute an Angler Sattel pig-the one which is brown and white) and a wild boar came back - it is so cute and handsome bear_wub  - no problem with the integration with my other critters  bear_thumb
So, this should be a lucky year,

Lucky greetings from Germany,

Sabine

eeyore13 Posts: 120

I got 2 bears from my Mum - a lovely Sew Special Bear -a gorgeous black and lilacy heather panda.  the other is a gorgeous little red Old Post Office bear!

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

bear_wub bear_wub bear_wub YES!! My boys bought me a teddy bear who sings "Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas"  bear_wub

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

Didn't get one as a gift, but just treated myself to this big guy!!!1358268818_big_grizzly.jpg

Janesjollybears wrote:

Didn't get one as a gift, but just treated myself to this big guy!!!

He is lovely Jane!    :love:
Who makes these bears?   bear_whistle

Ft.Lauderdale

Thankyou! He's another Ebay rescue for me. He is a 34" bear made by Fiesta. I believe he's an older one of their bears, I went on their site & they no longer have anything like him for sale. Tooo excited to get him!!! Should be here by the weekend!!!  bear_original

Ft.Lauderdale

Peter .........your new Charlie bear is............ADORABLE!!!! I was hinting to my family that I would love a Charlie Bear (Trevor) But we're having a hard time locating him, so the search continues!

@janesjollybears & peterbear....

I just found an online source for this bear brand new (I'll share as soon as I've placed my order)...he's expensive for a fiesta bear though, $70 plus shipping- Jane, could you take a few more pix of him, and include something of a standard size in the shot such as a soda can so I can get a good idae how big he really is?

THANKS!

BlackmoonBear wrote:

@janesjollybears & peterbear....
I just found an online source for this bear brand new (I'll share as soon as I've placed my order)...he's expensive for a fiesta bear though, $70 plus shipping- Jane, could you take a few more pix of him, and include something of a standard size in the shot such as a soda can so I can get a good idae how big he really is?
THANKS!

Please share us the online source, Chris!!  bear_smile

Ft.Lauderdale

Yes! Absolutely I will ! Big guy hasn't arrived yet bear_sad  His tracking showed him in Jacksonville last night, so hopefully he'll be here later today or tomorrow.  Would love to see the link you found! Heck I paid $60 for him on Ebay.........but........love at 1st site!!! Had to have him!!! bear_wub

I'm still deliberating at this point....$83 is a LOT to pay for a fiesta bear- even the big 36 inch realistic bears they did only cost $60 each at costco.
http://www.thisplaceisazoo.com/plush-si … ear-A13962

Ft.Lauderdale

1358875204_fiestabearfur.jpgThanks for the link! Yes, that looks like him! Here's a closeup of his fur on the bear i bought........not sure if it's the lighting in the photo on that site, but the fur looks a bit different to me.1358875164_fiestabear.jpg

wow....that fur looks identical to the coat on my 1st generation M&D  jumbo grizzly (I got lucky and just won another on ebay, I'll be getting him friday)- it's wonderful stuff, looks very scruffy and bearish, but is actually nice and soft.

I just held my breath and ordered, although I feel like I'm really rolling the dice at that price. I hope the one I'm getting is just like Jane's and not a "newer" version.....the "new" version of the M&D grizzly is pure crap.

fingers crossed!  (Jane, please do give us a review of this fellow once you've had a chance to cuddle with him)  bear_original

Ft.Lauderdale

Hi Chris! I'm sure you'll love him!!! He looks adorable on the site!!! Yes that fur looks beautiful!!! I'm so excited to get him, keep looking out the window for the mailman!!! He's coming from the Carolinas, but I guess the Martin Luther King jr holiday held him up. I will post pics of him so you can get a better idea of the size.

Congrats on winning another M&D bear!!!  :thumbsup:

Big Bear Hugs!!! Jane bear_original

Ft.Lauderdale
Ft.Lauderdale

He's home!!! And he's wonderful!!!!! I love him!!!! Chris here's a pic with the soda can so you can get an idea of his size & also getting to know my bears in my family room hug! His fur is beautiful!!!! He will look even better after his reborning! He's definately a bit too slouchy for me, so he will be getting some extra stuffing added to him.
1358964468_bearhug2.jpg
1358964523_bearhug.jpg

Jane...I'm speechless. He's so perfect! I'm just in love with his face...aside from adjusting the alignment of his eyes a bit, I wouldn't change him. I'm just imagining having my arms around that nice deep neck of his- I don't think I'll mind if his stuffing is a bit loose, since he'll be earning his keep as a bedtime bear :)

thank you for taking the extra photos....I bought the other one on ebay so I could be sure I had one just like yours, both have been shipped, and I keep checking my tracker app to see exactly where they are ^_^

Thanks for sharing, my apprehension over the purchase is now confident anticipation.

He certainly looks wonderful, Jane.  :love:
I can imagine you are delighted with him.   What a great hug you have (the big panda is especially appealing).  bear_thumb

Hey Peter, just in case you missed it, here's the link again to that retail source-

http://www.thisplaceisazoo.com/plush-si … ear-A13962

Shipping to Belgium will probably be high, but I think he may be worth it.....I'll give you a review of my own when my two cubs arrive bear_original

Board footer