Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Boop Posts: 124

Hi again! I think it's getting better for each new try, and this time I 've made this creature, called "I'll give you my heart". It was supposed to be a bear, but he decided he wanted to be a dog from the beginning. No matter what I did, he still looks like a dog bear_laugh

He measures a little over 4 inches standing up, and he is made with norwegian wool core, and the grey fibres are nepal wool. I've bought a lot of norwegian wool, as that is most common here (surprise! bear_laugh ), but I bought this one piece of nepal wool the other day. It was kind of cheap, so I don't know if it's any good. I thought it was a bit difficult to felt, as the fibers were so short... Are nepal wool commonly used for needle felting?

I was also wondering how you joint the small needle felted teddys. I've only jointed my two bears with embroidery-thread, but I don't find it very ideal... Any suggestions for better solutions?

Oh, and thank you for looking! bear_flower

1359248322_give-heart2013.jpg

Hugs!

Conni Germany

bear_wub  bear_wub Cute teddydog!!!

Thank you so much Conni!  bear_flower

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

He kind of looks like my Mom's pup. Very sweet! bear_wub

Miola Miola Teddies
Prague

The puppybear is very cute bear_original  I have been doing needle felting bears for several years, i like it very much bear_original about jointing - for small bears - I usually sew arms and legs through the body with a tooth thread. As for bigger bears - my mum does them, she always needle them as one piece, so they can not move arms and legs, sewing throgh bid bears is not so good as for little ones

Thank you Vicki and Miola! bear_flower
And thanks for the tips! Tooth tread sounds smart, and better than embroidery thread. I do have some waxed linen thread actually, from back when I made some jewelery. It should work good too  bear_original  bear_original

Miola Miola Teddies
Prague

The idea with the tooth tread is not mine, it was in some book about needle felting bear_original

Board footer