Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Boop Posts: 124

I did it! I sewed my very first mini! He's 4", and called "Snö"
I've been so fascinated by the minis posted here, and I never thought I could do it myself. I know it's not perfect, but the fabric is really, really thick. It's wool fabric ment for winter coats  bear_laugh I need to get some good fabric for my next sewed project. In the meantime I should stick with needlefelting.
It was really hard placing the disc in the neck (between the shoulders), and it didnt' turn out really well.... hence the knitted scarf  bear_laugh

The pattern is from a book by Anne Meyer. I will make my own pattern soon  bear_original

1359408496_snowflake2013.jpg

HeidiBears florida

Very cute little guy. Good job on making your first mini, its so difficult sewing that small  bear_thumb !

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

I know how it feels to finish that first miniature teddy bear. They are quite challenging and you did just fine. Keep trying.  bear_original  bear_wub

Thank you, girls!  bear_flower

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

Cute little character and he looks really snug in his scarf.I made my first mini recently so I know how difficult those tiny parts are to sew especially the footpads bear_cry .
Great job  bear_thumb .

Miola Miola Teddies
Prague

Very nice little bear, good job  bear_original I love making mini bears a lot, it is not so long time ago when i made my first 7,5 cm bear bear_original And I also love miniature bear plush fabric, it is so soft bear_original

Thank you for your nice comments too, Renee and Miola. bear_flower

I actually placed my first order for miniature fabrics today at Sassy's. Can't wait to receive it! Will probably take a couple of weeks to Europe, but it's probably  totally worth the wait.  bear_original  bear_original

Miola Miola Teddies
Prague

Oh, Sassy plush is my dream, I havent made bears from it yet. I have ordered this miniature bear fabric from Germany - probear.com. It is very nice, but Sassy is different. They didnt have it in probear bear_sad

I'm very excited about it. I didn't know what to choose, so I ordered a few different no fray-types. We have a very low customs limit here, and the fee is very high if you pass it, so I had to keep my order quite small  bear_sad  (But hubby and my wallet are probably happy for that  bear_laugh )

Board footer