Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

shengehold Posts: 2

Hello All,

I am not sure where to go for this, but our grandmother recently passed away and she had many collectible bears, many of which we were told are rare. We are looking to sell them but have no idea where to start. Anyone have any ideas? Also, how is eBay for bear sales? Is that seen as a viable option for this type of sale? Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sabrina

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Valerie Rogers does an online orphans sale.  There is one coming up shortly.  As I understand it, you send her some bears.  Ken Yenke (I hope I have the spelling correct) does an appraisal of each bear and then the bears are hopefully sold.  Valerie takes a commission but I don't know how much.  [url]http://[INVALID]/index.htm[/url]  April 15 is the date for the next sale. 
Donna

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Ebay can be a very good place to sell bears, but you do need good photos and preferably some relevant information on each bear. (Both can be quite time-consuming.)

Did your grandmother collect antique bears, or are they manufactured bears with labels on them? Some other kind?

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Do you have a FB account?
There are several FB pages that are intended for selling bears.   Maybe you could join some of these pages and post some of your bears, just to get an idea if the bears appeal to collectors.

shengehold Posts: 2

Thanks all! I am not sure of the brand as I do not have them with me, but I think they are manufactured ones. Some we have seen for a couple hundred dollars and others are $20 or so.

Board footer