Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Okay, I can't stand it...

I have to spill the beans...
SHELLI and SUE ANN have been nominated for a  TOBY Award!!!!!!

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!

How did I find out.......they told me but are too humble to post it ...so I took the privelige to share this wonderful news...

Shelli and Sue Ann...I hope you don't mind...I m a very happy for you both!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I did not get a call today.....but I am still keeping my fingers crossed......

Deb Upstate New York

Shelli & SueAnn ~ Great big huge and sincere congratulations and hugs!  You both make me glad to know you!  HOORAY!

Warmest regards,

Deb

Judi ~ Thanks for tooting their horn for them!k
a040.gif

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

YAHOOO !!!!!!!!!  How dare they keep it from us.  I am just so thrilled for you Shelli and Sue Ann.  You both are so deserving !   What a wonderful honor, but not surprising.  Best of luck with the final decision.

So Which creations got the nominations ????????  Was it Hog Heaven Shelli ??  How about yours Sue-Ann ???

You both must be over the moon !!!!    :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The nomination period is a unique and exquisite torture, full of anticipation, hope, congratulations, and disappointment.  Isn't it, though? 

YES, I got exciting, wonderful good news today.. I certainly did.  And it was just really, supremely fun to talk to Mindy Kinsey on the phone, live and in person... especially after having just had this wee glimpse into who she is, via her Toy Fair reports to TEDDY TALK.  But my own happiness is inevitably tempered a bit by the knowledge that some other people did not, and will not, get that same good news.  It's still early in the week, though ... so who knows what's still to come?

In the meantime...

Judi, thank you very, very much, for the support and public congratulations.  It truly means the world to me.  Probably you've all already guessed that I'm just absolutely giddy and terribly honored and excited.  I'm pretty sure people will ask, so I'll share that my nominated piece is, as most TT'ers would probably guess, my piggy called IN HOG HEAVEN.

Thanks to you again, Judi, my friend -- who, herself, got a nearly unheard-of FOUR GT nominations herself just a week or so ago!

You're very appreciated,

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Shelli...... and I KNOW you are in "Hog Heaven" at this very moment! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap:  bear_laugh  bear_flower  Fantastic news, Shelli and Sue Ann! I'm absolutely bloated with pride!! Victory dancing, here . . .  :dance:  :hug:  :dance:  :hug:  :dance:  :hug:  :dance:  :hug:  :dance:  :hug:  :dance:  :hug:

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

<groan>

I just KNEW that was coming...!!!

Giggling here,  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH !

BearGlobe1D.gif

You both deserve it - you make fab bears, and piggies  bear_tongue

Well done to Judi too for her FOUR nominations - this is beginning to sound like the Oscars!!!!

bear_wub  BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL  bear_wub

Penny  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Shelli and Sue Ann, that's wonderful news!!!!!! So well deserved too!!   :dance:   :dance:   :dance:   :dance:   :dance:  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Woohoo . . . just stumbled onto this post.  Judi, you're a sweetheart, my friend, and we're DEFINITELY NOT counting you out.  I just know Mindy can't call all the lucky Industry's Choice Winners in one day . . . so your day is tomorrow.  Thanks much for outing Shelli and me . . . you're a doll!  Dumplin' (another little anime) was my winner.  Big congrats to you, Shelli . . . your piggy is soooooo deserving!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Ditto what Sue Ann said.  Who could count out a 4-time nominee? :)

Sue Ann, your work rocks, too, and you know I think so.  Congratulations, publicly this time, to you, yourself.  And thank you for the ones you offered me.

I'm excited to read the rest of the list.  I don't have an "insider" for thsi contest, this time around, so someone else will have to spill the full story once it's been revealed!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Huge congratulations to Sue Ann and Shelli on your nominations. I most certainly remember Shelli's pig but could Sue Ann post her entry again?
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dumplin-Headshot.jpgDumplin-.jpgThis is Dumplin' . . . a 12 1/2" anime style in the 'Undressed Small Bear' category.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

She's fandabbydozy Sue Anne!  bear_thumb

Love that expression of hers - she looks really eager  bear_wub

Congrats Darlin  :hug:   bear_thumb

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Shelli and Sue Ann...words can't say just how thrilled I am for you both! Shelli....what a lovely consolation to missing out on a GT nomination.....if you had've missed out this time too there would be no justice in the world (no pun intended  bear_tongue ).

Good things come to those who wait (and are enormously deserving to boot!!) and I'm totally bowled over for you both. bear_wub
In Hog Heaven was the ceeeyootest piggy I have ever laid eyes upon, with an imaginative concept and name all rolled into one neat package. And Sue Ann, your Dumplin' just oozes personality and skill...great choice on the judges behalf!

Sue Ann now you are a GT AND a TOBY nominee and a very humble one at that. Rap over the knuckes for both of you for not jumping on TT immediately and tooting those horns! Cripes...if you can't do a public song and dance over such honours..when can ya??? :dance:

Judi....we still have high hopes for you yet....the judges are clearly not blind bear_rolleyes ...but if per chance you don't get nominated....you still have your enormous honour of four GT nominees (and probably a winner or two as well  bear_thumb ) and like Shelli said...it's almost unheard of. If/when you get that call...one way or the other, please jump on and share.....we'll be here waiting with hugs for you either way. 'kay? bear_wub  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Congratulations Sue Ann and Shelli - you both are soooo deserving.  I am thrilled for both of you.  Enjoy your moment to the fullest!

Hugs,

Brenda

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Congrats gals!!!  :clap:  :clap:  I am so proud of you all!  :hug:  :hug:

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Congratulations, SueAnn and Shelli! Both of your creations are wonderful!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Congatulations Shelli and Sue Anne. You both are so very deserving! Good luck!
Hugs
Sonya

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Oh my!  I went to a gawdawful dentist appointment, and see what I missed!  Many happy congratulations to Sue Ann and Shelli for their nominations!  I'm thinking they got through the H's today but didn't quite make it to the P's... I can only expect Judi to get her call tomorrow!
bear_original

Hugs  :hug:
Kelly

P.S. I will keep my fingers crossed for all the talented Teddy Talkers who submitted bears, bunnies, mice and all of their other lovely critters.  My mother visits this board though does not post, and she and I had such a wonderful time looking at all the submitted photos that you all so graciously shared with us.  Big warm teddy hugs to everyone!
bear_wub

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Judi i am so glad you did!  Those two need to learn to live with the admirations they deserve! Ha!

And yes theyvery humble ladies.  But you know what guys, we love ya anyway!

dilu

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

That ROCKS!!!!!

Oh you guys, that news has made me feel all gooey and warm - what must you be feeling????!!!

Sue Ann - Dumplin' is a  beeeeeeutiful girl - I love how you've taken quite a manly dark brown and created such a sweet girly bear with beautiful "resist me? I think not" face.  You really deserve it and I'll have my fingers crossed for a win!

Shelli - you know that the piggy collector in me simply adores that piggy of yours...(I'm waiting for an ATC featuring that darlin'  bear_grin  bear_grin )  Blow her a big ol' kiss from me.

Now you guys, I hope there's some serious celebrating happening.

For those of you waiting to hear (judi and a few others as well I think) I really hope it's good news for you too.

Oooh what a great start to the weekend!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yay!!!  :dance:  Yippee!!!  :dance:  Yahoo!!!

Congratulations, Ladies!!!! Of course, very well deserved for you both!!!

:hug:
Daphne

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

WooHoo!  :dance: :clap:  Congratulations Sue Ann and Shelli! I'm so happy for you both, You and your wonderful creations are very deserving!!  :hug:

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

What fantastic news Sue Ann and Shelli...both equally deserving having worked so hard!! Fingers crossed for the finals for both of you.

One thing it's made me realise is how stiff the competition is ...and how much harder I need to work ...it isn't the luck of the draw..or what the judges go for on the day...it's the result of hard, hard work...inspiration, artistry and excellence that gets you a nomination.

Congratulations to all the nominees...I am sure that there are more on Teddy Talk!!! :clap:  :clap:

Board footer