Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

latest little bear, a bit bigger than the tinies I've made recently - I increased the pattern on the photo copier! it's also my first attempt at needle felting, his paw pads and nose.

1366312228_felted_paw_bear.jpg

I have a feeling I'm going to like needlefelting, (sadly for my bank balance), I've watched some videos on Youtube and my imaginat ion is already dancing with possibilities. And discovering on this site that you felt directly onto the fabric to do things like muzzles is what  convinced me to try it - I had envisioned some elaborate shaping/stitching/gluing wobbliness of a muzzle done seperately. So Honey's paws are the start. I need to get used to just how tiny amounts of wool you need, a little goes a very long way.

regards
Caroline

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

He's very sweet  bear_thumb

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

Adorable!!! I too am excited to give felting a try, just not sure where to start! Great job on this little guy!!! bear_wub

Website
Janesjollybears wrote:

Adorable!!! I too am excited to give felting a try, just not sure where to start! Great job on this little guy!!! :love:

I bought a starter kit on ebay, with needles, sponge, pad, handles and 12 different colours of wool tops, for just under £20. I'm working on a standalone little felt sculpture, to get the feel for how the wool works. Have stabbed myself s few times already, of course!

Website
veen-bears wrote:

Caroline, you know needle-felting can be very addicting?  bear_grin that's what happened to me....
I like your bear and you did a great job already needle-felting the nose and paws (oops, and a navel!) Looking forward to see more!  bear_flower Pink

Hi Pink.

Yes, I am getting the feeling that needle felting will be pretty addictive already! (see my Oreo panda). It's the sculpting element I like, as I have done sculpting in the past as well.

Caroline

Board footer