Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Hey guys,
I won both the huge polar bear that Miser posted about, as well as the FineToy panda that Jane posted-

The polar bear took some negotiation, as I requested the seller unstuff him to make shipping affordable, nearly lost him as someone in the UK bid on the auction just as it closed, but he wanted to wait till august to pick up the bear personally, so the seller decided that going to the trouble of unstuffing and getting the bear sold and gone now was the lesser of two evils, even though it required relisting as well. No doubt it helped my case that I told her I already owned one just like him and loved him tremendously, and that he'd very much like to have a twin brother! (or perhaps a mate?)

The panda on the other hand, has been a major pain in my arse.....not sure if that seller is genuinely inept or was playing games, after negotiating fair price and shipping, the seller listed the bear with only the option of express shipping, which would have been $75!  So I refused to pay it and told her to get the shipping option fixed, she instead relisted with a new shipping price and told me she'd cancel the old auction, but when I went to pay on the second it wanted payment for both auctions!  So she cancelled both of those, and relisted again, but we're using something called "skrill" because she can't use paypal, but my bank is refusing to pay them until I go in personally to pre-authorize it *headdesk*

If I had any sense I'd have walked away from this by now, but I really want this bear and I drove her down to a pretty low price, so even if I get screwed I'm only out a total of $55.

....Sigh....the things I'll do for a bear >.<

EDIT:  oh god, bad to worse....the fiasco over this panda seller has caused my bank to red-flag my account and freeze my cards! I can't put gas in the cars or buy groceries until I get this mess straightened out in the morning :C(

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

Hi Chris! Just read your post........Congrats on that GORGEOUS Polar Bear!!!! I cannot believe what your going through with that seller!!!! That is insane!!!! I kinda knew that it would be a bit of a hassle with that seller, but nothing like this!!!  Just craziness!!! It'll all work out in the end & that bear will be where she belongs!!!  bear_thumb  I was able to adopt a Costco polar bear & her baby off Ebay this morning  bear_original Can't wait to get her!!! Tooooo excited!!! Also was able to talk a seller into selling me Trevor a Charlie bear that I have longed for, for quite some time now! I'm new to the Charlie bears, so I'm THRILLED to be getting him finally!!! She also has Malcom that I want badly too, and is considering selling him to me also!  It's been a crazy few days of bartering with sellers too, so I know the feeling all too well!!! Bear Hugs! Jane bear_original

chenardp Posts: 1

I have just aquired an avanti bear from a woman that claims only five in the world were made...it is five foot tall and weighs 40LBS.  CLAIMS...sent from italy to her 25 years ago.  It has a tag...what do you think?

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

I have a huge bear also! One of the many from our Mom's collection that I am selling. But this wonderful bear has me stumped for two reasons:
1 - I have no idea how you would possibly ship him (the unstuffing idea might be the trick).
2- There are no tags on him, nothing I can find to even begin to identify him.

He is huge - as he sits on the floor like this, he is about 3 1/2 ft tall and about 3 ft wide. And he is heavy! The box I'd need would be very large and the weight would drive the cost up a lot. So how does one ship the very large bears? (I have other big ones that are Steiffs, so I'm wondering about those also).

Do you have any thoughts on an id for him? Any wild guesses even?

He is cute!!!
1387437188_huge_bear_1.jpg

sunriver Posts: 1

Board footer