Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

Here's the panda I've been making for my daughter's 16th, managed to finish him in good time, despite having a few other projects on the go.  I needle felted his nose and mouth, and I love the slightly sardonic smile it seems to have given him. I think I may never try embroidering another nose ever, needle felting works so much better for me, being a form of sculpture, I suppose. I also needle felted his paw pads. I need a bit more practise making the felting equal, the toes on one foot are slightly larger than on the other, but I figure this will come with practise. I think I may razor comb down his fur a bit more yet, like the wookie bear, he's a bit ott in the fluff department! His eye patches came out a bit uneven too, not sure why as they were cut from the same pattern piece, maybe down to how the hem turned. But I quite like him, my techniques are coming on I feel.
1367079076_oreo_1a.jpg

1367079107_oreo_2a.jpg

1367079128_oreo_3a.jpg

1367079161_oreo_4a.jpg
He stands up on his own rather well, although he doesn't have any weighting in him, which might have been better.

1367079179_oreo_5a.jpg

Caroline

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

He's FANTASTIC!!!! bear_wub

Website

Thank you Jane! I hope she likes him. She likes pandas best, and I see you like them too!

Website
Janesjollybears wrote:

He's FANTASTIC!!!! :love:

I  just realised, your little panda cub is also called Oreo! I didn't copy, honest, I just thought that as mine was dark chocolate and white layers, he looked like an Oreo. I love Oreos!!

Caroline

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

Hi Caroline! Yes, I definatley do love those pandas!!! For me they are the toughest and most challenging to create, but I love a good challenge!!! I have quite a few in my hugs! Oreo is a perfect name for pandas!!! No worries! Sometimes I think finding a perfect name for my bears is a challenge in itself! LOL!! It just took me 2 hours to finally come up with a name for my new black bear cub!  bear_grin

LitWit Posts: 298

Oh, wow, he's gorgeous!  bear_wub

Bears N Blooms Bears N Blooms
California

I think he is adorable!  :love:
I know what you mean about needle felting the noses. I am hoping to go back to stitching some noses though. I really want to perfect it and it just takes time.

Board footer