Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

I finally finished the mammoth. What took so long was, joints. They didn't work. I'm not sure if they were too small, or if they don't really work well with four legged animals, but they splayed out, and her head drooped, no matter how hard I tried to stuff the neck. So in the end, I decided to bite the bullet, take the joints out and sew her head and neck onto her body, and she looks better for it. I needlefelted the eyelids and put in false eyelashes, and painted her clear glass eyes with metallic blue paint and I quite like the way they turned out. Fimo tusks, ultrasuede pads and ears, and some steel shot in her tummy to help add to her weight and also help to balance her head.
1368469747_marbles_1.jpg
1368469788_marbles_4.jpg
1368469892_marbles_2.jpg
1368469919_marbles_3.jpg

I shaved down the fur on her trunk and face, not sure if I should do some more anywhere, as mammoths are meant to be pretty shaggy I think! Now I need to take photos so she can go on Etsy.

Caroline

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! He came out great!!!!!!!!! bear_wub

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Well I'd say that's a great job....you captured him very well....

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

What a gorgeous creature!  I love designs that adapt well to wild looking monster furs, this is such a good fit.

Yes, I think your joints may have been too small. what you want to do is use the biggest disc size that you can squeeze into the legs, they'll fit flatter against the body that way, and will stand up better, and they'll blend into the body more seamlessly that way.

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

Thank you all for your lovely replies  bear_grin I have so many ideas for other animals I want to make, I must pace myself a bit

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Board footer