Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

jsk Posts: 1

My wife has a collection of 21 very nice teddy bears from the 70s and 80s that we don't have room for. They've been in boxes for decades. I'm having trouble finding a home for them. I hate to just put them on the street, as I'd rather a collector have them. There are bears from Colleen Tipton, North American Bear Co, Faroy, and others. Any advise as to where I could connect with someone on these? eBay doesn't seem like a good place to give things away, especially because I wouldn't want to pay for shipping.

Thanks,
John

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

If you are in the US, Good Bears of the World would be a good choice.  There might be a den near you that someone could arrange to pick them up.
Donna

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

Some Doll and Teddy Bear Shows will take items on consignment for the show. Usually only a few items but you only have 21 bears/dolls so that might work.

I have the same dilemma, except our Moms collection is several thousand dolls and bears. I really want to find homes for them!  bear_innocent

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You could try a very low starting bid on ebay, but you'd need to charge enough for shipping and handling to cover their 10% as well.

Donna's idea does sound better if you're in the U.S.

Becky

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Why not post a group picture of them here.....I myself might be interested depending on which bears you have.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm sorry, Chris, but posting a photo of secondary market bears for sale is against our rules.  Please click on Rules on the tool bar across the top, then scroll down to "Commercial-Free" and "What's Not Allowed".  Thanks a bunch.

Noted, SueAnne. But if I understood John's request correctly, he's wanting to give them away, not sell them.

Either way, John, if you'd like to PM me a link to a pic, I'd appreciate it....if there is a bear or two in it that I'm drawn to I'll be happy to take the lot and rehome the rest.

Thx, Chris.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Believe you're correct in that he wants to give them away, Chris - I didn't pay close enough attention.  Sorry!!

LitWit Posts: 298

Have you found homes for the bears yet?  bear_whistle

Yeah, LitWit....funny, but no PM yet- this must be the 3rd or 4th time I've said I'm interested in a possible aquisition, but the poster never responds.
MEH.....
bear_ermm

Board footer