Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Just recently received a notice in the mail to renew my website domain with Domain Registry of America.  Initially I registered with Yahoo small business groups.

Now this is the first time it has been renewable for me, so I have no knowledge about whether this is the right crowd or not.   Can anybody please give me some advice, as to if this is correct, or who you have renewed with.

Much appreciated.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Karen
My registration was with Register.com. But when renewal came up, I also got a notice from Domain Registry. They are a competitor. They watch for renewal dates and then send a notice offering a certain price (usually a little less then you inititally were paying. But you have to watch it. They also offered LESS as far as services went than I was already getting. And you have to send in a bunch of paperwork. Contact yahoo if you are unsure. They generally will offer you a better deal if you let them know that another company wants your business.
Sonya

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

SunnieOne hit the mark. Domain Registry is a pain.  There was a lawsuit regarding this a couple of years ago, not sure what the outcome was. Anyways, just disregard this and update with registrar when the time comes. You can report it to registrar. Basically they try to get you to switch, most people do not know what registrars are and they just pay the bill which inadvertantly switches them to a new registrar.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thank you Sonya and Teddybears.org I was afraid of this, thanks for the heads up and advice.   Much appreciated. :clap:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I have had  scammers do this to me and I asked my webmaster was this the right Company we were registered
with and he said no.
They would try anything!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Karen yes, it IS a scam!  Yahoo will automatically keep your domain registered!!  I have mine registered with Yahoo also and when I first got this a few years ago I gave yahoo a call and asked them.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I WAS WONDERING THIS AS WELL! I JUST GOT THE SAME LETTER!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thank you some much everyone "girls" to responding on this topic, much appreciated.  :hug:  :dance:

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I had the same thing a few years ago.  They are a competitor for your business.

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Good thing to know.  I have always had a webmaster take care of mine and have never had anyone email me to switch but I now know not to answer this type of email.  Thanks!

Board footer