Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

Zane is a little zombie bear, my first zombie bear.

Zane is approximately 8 " tall (measured standing), and is made from green mohair.

Zane is five way cotter-pin jointed, with a wobble-neck joint.

He is filled with heavy weight polyester fibre and has some steel shot in his tummy for a little extra weight.

Zane has hand-painted red glass eyes and a black embroidered nose and carefully needle-sculpted to give a little more definition to his muzzle.

Zane has been hand painted with red and has needle felted wounds to make him

Zane is one of a kind and currently available from my website.

Hope you like him.

1383135759_zane.jpg
1383135810_zane20head.jpg
1383135828_zane20back.jpg

Taylor Lincolnshire

Hope you don't think I'm criticising as your bear is very well made but I just wondered , is the zombie theme something that is popular at the moment? I have seen quite a few bears and dolls on e bay that look like crash victims and I actually find them quite distressing to look at. It's probably just me and my old fashioned ideas as to what a bear should look like ( cuddly and cute) so hope you don't mind me asking.  bear_sad

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

I don't mind you asking at all. I have had a look at the ones that you are talking about, and I don't like those either. I was going for the cute but dead sort of look (I hope it worked).

I'm not sure if they are popular at the moment, I didn't look into it, I just decided to make him.
My favourite festival is Samhain (Halloween) so I had to make at least one halloween themed bear.
Also, I have exhibited at GYTBE in Sheffield since it started, and there is one particular guy that asks me for a zombie bear every year.
Zane has already found a new home (he's been adopted by a friend), but I'm looking forward to finding out what the guy at the show thinks of him bear_original

Taylor Lincolnshire

Pleased to see he has been adopted and he is very cute but I would have wanted to sew him up and put bandages on his wounds if he'd have come to live with me. Im a bit daft I know.
Good luck with your future shows and I'm sure the guy who asks will love him, thanks too for your reply, I'm so pleased I didn't offend you by being so nosy.  bear_flower

Board footer