Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

He guys, I have to comment that I am enjoying seeing all the new and very creative avatars.

Shelli created mine for me.  She is awesome! I also use it for printed hang tags on my bears.  Then I fill in the back side with the bears info, and heat laminate them.  They really look great. bear_thumb

Are you making your own?  I am going to try playing with my photo program...one of these days...when I get all the bears done that I want to do bear_whistle ...in the year 20.........???

Until then, I will be "bugging"  Shelli for my avatars.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Lisa, i love your new avatar!!!

What a super photo of you and the 'twins' - the colours are gorgeous too. You may be using a 'bargain basement' programme but you've produced an avatar with true charm and character.

Well Done Lisa  bear_thumb   bear_wub

Penny  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

The avatars are lovely aren't they!  Full of personality.  Shelli is doing a wonderful job for TT members and everyone is brightening the forum with their artwork!  Lisa, your's made me smile the moment I saw it!

I really enjoy seeing all the avatars.  What a great idea to use them as hangtags ... might give that further thought!  bear_thumb

I wanted to get a real British flavour into mine 'cos you just can't take the Brit out of this girl!  I hunted around until I found a pic of the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace then I superimposed an image of of my 'Buckingham' bear over it and hey presto! 

These are such fun to play with aren't they? ... I'm going to have a think about my next one soon!!  bear_tongue

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I just wanted to add that Penny is also doing Aviators for people. They are amazing!!

Judi, great idea to use them for hangtags. Might as well.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Penny made my beautiful new avatar--my first real one!! Isn't it yummy?

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, it is... VERY pretty, with a great color combo I AGAIN must steal for some future project, Penny.  :)

Eileen, I love that little TEDDIES 4 CHARITY bear in the corner so much.  I'm happy to see it again!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I just wanted to add that Penny is also doing Aviators for people

HA HA HA Heather - i don't think i could be trusted to do anything with 'Aviators' - maybe Leonardo DeCaprio would tempt me though!
bear_laugh   bear_tongue   bear_grin   bear_smile

Penny - 'Flying Tonight'  bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_cry I know, Shelli! I miss her!  bear_cry

Does anybody else pore over pictures of their bears after they're gone?  bear_laugh

Eileen

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Alright, so I don't proof read my post..................... bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Admit it............ come on.....

And yes Eileen, do all the time! It's very hard for me to get rid of bears. Most of the time anyway.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I made my own also, but as before I used Shelli's style on this one as a base.
Sonya

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

tee hee - my boring one is gonna stand out amongst all the flash jobs now!!

You people who can do computer design amaze me - it is soooooooo not my forte.  I'm destined to be a Luddite forever  bear_happy

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Shelli, you inspired me to venture in my Photoshop..
Thank you! Your work is just amazing..
Penny, you too make great avatars!

I made my avatar yesterday...I like it so far.. bear_tongue

Hugs, Julia :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I just wanna collect new avatars...perhaps instead of ATC cards  bear_original bear_original

My new one is also a Shelli!!!   bear_wub     bear_flower    bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Julia, it's lovely!  Just like it's creator... :)

It's really fun to make these, but I spend not enough time bearmaking as a result.  I think I am a graphic designer at heart.

I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's unique vision of their own "branding," or "business identity," as well as that they envision, for others.

When I create a design, I think to myself, "What is the flavor of this person's work?  What is the feeling it evokes?  What do I know of this artist's personality, tastes, and values?"... and then try my best to match font, and colors, and styling, and theme, to those answers. 

I think it's incredibly interesting to see how other people take the same basic concept -- bear photo needs frame and text! -- but come up with so many variations on it.  It's one of the same reasons I like bearmaking.  An inexperienced, clumsy eye might think, "A bear is a bear is a bear."  But we know better!  Those subtle differences in shading, feature placement, fur choice (or NOT fur choice!), and so on, just STAMP each bear with its maker's identity and hand.

Fun stuff!

We should have an exercise like they do in the scrapbook magazines.  Start everyone off with the very same image, and some digital elements like bows or stripes, and a palette of colors, and then see what everyone comes up with!  I wouldn't want it to be a contest or a competition, or in any way something that pits one person against another, or results in people saying, "I like HERS better than HIS," etc.  But it might be a fun exercise, since it is so much fun to play around with these things, and check out all the new ones.    I know Penny, Julia, Sonya, and Hayley, off the top of my head, are tinkering a bit with one photo editing program or another.

Let me know if there's any interest in this and I can maybe throw together a fun little exercise for us to play around with, and then share results!

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Shelli, that is another bright idea of yours!
I would love to try too!

But I have so many bears to make and I started a full-time job and I have a little daughter and I want to make some cards, AND I WANT TO SLEEP A LITTLE TOO!!!!

............I would love to try just say when and what image...
Julia :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Sleep?  Julia, you took hours to make the Borscht, ansd you have a darling little daughter, and your #1 man and bearing and working....uh.....exactly when do you sleep? 

yikes!

dilu

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Me! ME! I think that is a superb idea! By the way Shelli, I have often wondered what you would come up with for me. You are so creative and seem to capture the essense of the person you make your avatars for.
Sonya

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Dilu,,  bear_cry  bear_wacko  I sleep..honestly..but a little..
I need to sleep at least 10 hours to feel like I'm alive and still human-being..
:doh:
I haven't made any bears since I'm off to work.. For a month already.. bear_cry  bear_cry

But I will, promise.
Hugs, Julia :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I want to make a newer prettier avatar soon.  I'd be in on any contest thingy Shelli.  I'm home a lot so it will be a welcome distraction :)
xo Sarah

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website
psichick78 wrote:

I just wanted to add that Penny is also doing Aviators for people. They are amazing!!

Judi, great idea to use them for hangtags. Might as well.

Oooh Heather, you have made me chuckle out loud ... I love the idea of Penny 'doing aviators' for people!!  Sorry to giggle like a girlie, but you've brightened my morning!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks all the same, but I for one like to do my own aviators!  bear_laugh

Eileen

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I would like to challenge myself with that  good idea, but where can i find graphic elements? Please help bear_sad

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Penny,  are we talking Avatars...or Aviators?  George Clooney might get jealous by your mentioning Leonardo! bear_whistle  bear_wacko

Lisa, I like how you put a photo of yourself in your avatar.  Neat!

You're all doing a great job!  WHat creative people we have here. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Well I did my avatar with 'irvanview'. My microsoft program thingy wont let me transfer any images out of it. I can print them and use them for my hangtags and tushtags and such, but alas.........I must settle for 'irvanview', (which Hayely put me onto by the way) for my avatar.
I have big plans for new programs when my allowance arrives next month.
I must say it is good to see everyones bears being treated with  the professional respect that they dearly deserve, with these new avatars. :clap:

Matilda :doh:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Hi!

Dear dear dear, so many professional looking avatars!
I will have to do something too! someday maybe... When i feel like it!
Yours are all great! so colourful! Well done!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer