Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Here we are again girls and boys, another Friday night is here.

I always worry when it's a Friday night, it goes particularly quiet here at TT.

Which leads me to think that you are all out partying until the wee small hours and i'm not.
bear_sad

Now come on you lot..............what are you all up to?

hmmmmm, maybe i should drag my sorry butt out of this chair, get my glad rags on and go dancing or something or whatever people who still have any energy left at the end of the week do nowadays?

When i were a lad all there was to do on a Friday night was hang around street corners, drink lemonade out of glass bottles (that's how old i am) and make rude gestures at passing horse and carriages. I were always in by 7.30 or me Mam would clip me round the ear with a rolled up Womans Weekly.............Ah Those Were the Days
bear_ermm   bear_rolleyes   bear_wacko   bear_whistle

Penny

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Well, Garnet and I are going to do our usual Friday night routine. Go get groceries and out for a bite to eat, come home put groceries away, watch a little TV and go to sleep!! NOW HOW EXCITING IS THAT!!

Many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It's almost 3:30 in the afternoon at my place, Penny . . . not ready for bed yet . . . or partying, for that matter.  After I get through here, I will continue to work on a bear, or continue to clean my work room.  My very helpful daughter came to visit and is helping me organize and spruce up my 'studio' - what a help she's been.  I have been in a blue funk and haven't been able to make any decisions on what to do first and she rolls in here, gives me a swift bop in the bum, and now I'm on a roll.  Sort of.  Eventually, I will get it all organized, but I just needed someone to get me going!  Penny, my friend, I love your avatar - little Paulie!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Funny, all your evenings sound fun!
I love a quiet night watching a movie, or even the weekly grocery shop, (louise, Friday night is the BEST time)
I always work at 6 am on Saturdays, so friday nights are love/hate

Tonight, we are going to the orchestra. I go often. I just love it, and if you're 29 or under, you can buy up to 2 tickets for only $12 each! Tonight the tickets normally sell at $68 and up, so I'm really happy.  I usually go see the classics, but tonight is 'Night at the Oscars' so they will be playing theme songs from movies.

Now, I never said it's going to be easy to get up for work...............LOL bear_whistle

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

IMG_0079Web.jpgIMG_0059WEB.jpgbear_original  My eldest, Eleanor the new bride, is coming for dinner before her final move to Rochester NY this weekend!

She's been travelling  back and forth between Toronto and Rochester until she could leave her job and unload her apartment. We're all feeling a bit sad, and her dad  of course is semi-distraught, but she and new Hubs Monty are off to Boston next fall to get MBAs. They've both been accepted at Boston U, Eleanor with $20 thousand a year ( :dance: ), which has an excellent MBA program, but Eleanor is still waiting to hear from MIT and Harvard.

I don't think I posted a wedding pic! We don't have the professional photos yet, so these are just snaps.

nettie scotland
Website

its just after ten p.m here and I have just finished a wee black bear and dressed her.now I am on here trying to stay awake (NOT THAT YOU ARE ALL BORING) so I can go pick up my daughter in half an hour .It is frosty outside and i would dearly love to be in bed instead of driving 16 miles in the dark and rain.Moan moan moan zzzzzzzzz oops better slap myself about the head for a bit.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I love the orchestra too; I saw YoYoMa once.  That is my symphony star story.

It's 2:15 in California right now and I'm expecting Noah home from school any minute.  Then I get Toby at 3:00 from Jr. High and we'll toot around getting a smoothie and prepping the all-important video games and homework stash for the two hour trip south to meet up with their dad, where they'll spend the weekend.

Usually it's a drop off, turn around, come back home kind of thing.  But this particular weekend we're (hubby and me) staying overnight in the dropoff town and then heading to San Francisco very early Saturday morning, to catch the open air/farmer's market at the Ferry Building downtown for a few hours, and stroll by the bay.  Then it's back to Chico late afternoon/evening and I'll probably work on my current bear and do some tidying up.  Same thing Sunday, until late afternoon, when I have to go back south to fetch the wee ones again!  All in all that will put about 500 miles on my car.  Eek!  And I do this just about every other weekend!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
nettie wrote:

Moan moan moan zzzzzzzzz oops better slap myself about the head for a bit.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

OMG Eileen your daughter looks sooooooo beautiful - i'm filling up here   bear_cry   bear_cry

How wonderful - i wish i'd had a daughter......sigh..............BUT...........i can gloat over Eleanore can't i?

What a lovely couple Eileen, how many packs of tissues did you get through during the service?

Congratulations to You, Eleanore and Monty   :hug:   :dance:   :clap:   :clap:

Hugs from Pen x

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Penny!

I'm almost ashamed to say it  :redface: , but I didn't cry at all! I was so happy for my little one, finding such a bright, funny, kind and responsible Hubs. And one that can manage her. She's a bit of a challenge, at times. Too much like her mum!

Eileen

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Eileen,  bear_flower
You didn't cry at all????  bear_shocked   I'm afraid I'm going to just blubber like an idiot when my daughter gets married in August.  I get teary and choked up just thinking about it!!  I adore the young man she's marrying......a guy just like her Dad.  Oh dear, here I go with the waterworks.   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Oh Dear  bear_sad  Aleta - you are like me when it comes to weddings - i cry so much i almost dehydrate!  bear_cry It must be hard to watch your daughter walk up the aisle without disintegrating into a soggy mess, i could'nt do it.

I cry at anything really, movies, books, reality TV shows, my monthly bank balance........... bear_cry

Eileen, it must be great knowing that Eleanore has 'gone to a good home' so to speak - there are'nt that many men like Monty around anymore. Feed him well when he visits!
bear_laugh   :hug:

Penny x

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website
gotobedbears wrote:

I cry at anything really, movies, books, reality TV shows, my monthly bank balance........... :cry:

Penny - you make me laugh so much that I cry  bear_tongue

I have turned into a cryer - never was before but then I house shared with someone who could cry at the previews of movies (I kid you not) and I'm sure she infected me with her crying-germs.

It's Saturday afternoon here guys!  Come on and catch up - Friday is done and dusted.  I just had relatives visit this morning so my Friday night was spent procrasinating about vacuuming the floor....I did nothing useful at all - watched a bit of tv and chatted to my Mum on the phone.

Visitors are gone and in my tidying I found some pictures of my bears so I'm gonna make me an ATC this afternoon!

Penny - you make me laugh so much that I cry

HA HA HA I'll take that as a compliment shall i Melissa?  bear_tongue  bear_laugh   bear_tongue

Glad i made someone happy bear_flower

Penny x

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I'm here Pen Pen!!! I am not much of a partier anymore LOL ...

Oh i don't believe a beautiful young thang like you Kim does'nt go out looking drop-dead gorgeous on Friday nights!

What a waste - get hubby into his glad rags and get him to take you dancing until dawn  :dance:   :dance:   :dance:

I bet you look great all dressed up bear_flower

Penny

Nah, i got the sack  bear_whistle

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Eileen your daughter is a beautiful bride.  My best wishes for her and Monty at Boston U, what a wonderful way to build a new life together.

It is 7:34 pm in Wisconsin, I just finshed putting away the dinner dishes, and opening my first miller lite :dance:  :dance:

Then I will start to work on my bear I am making for my sister.   

Sleep tight everyone and don't let the bed bugs bite bear_grin  bear_grin
:hug:
Laurie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
gotobedbears wrote:

Oh i don't believe a beautiful young thang like you Kim does'nt go out looking drop-dead gorgeous on Friday nights!

What a waste - get hubby into his glad rags and get him to take you dancing until dawn  :dance:   :dance:   :dance:

I bet you look great all dressed up bear_flower

Penny

I use to... dont drink much anymore.. get very sick and HORRIBLE hangovers! LOL... I can't even remember the last time I went out out LOL... My hubby works ALL THE TIME.... and I dont dance unless I drink, heavily LOL...

thank you pen pen.. I love to get dressed up and go out but I dont do it anymore.... I use to go out clubbing almost every weekend

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi all, I am here....  waiting for my husband to get off of work (at 11:30 and here it is 9 pm).  I don't go out... I'm working on the finishing touches for a bear, and that juuuust about it! 

Whata barrel of monkeys I am!

Kimberly W.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Penny, is Friday night special?  I don't think so, at least not here.  I can't remember the last time we were out on a Friday night!  Actually, I don't mind - I prefer to be home, doing something I like, rather than being out wasting money and time in a club and getting a headache from the noise - heck, we don't even drink anymore.  Wine makes me ill, can't stand beer and I wouldn't have a clue about ordering a "real drink"!  Party poopers, we are!!!!

Hugs,

Brenda

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm stuffing my face full of potato chips and deciding if I want to cut out a new bear tonight or wait until tomorrow...

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

I love FRIDAY evenings.  After a full week of working away from home, it is so nice to just be at home.   I can breathe a sigh of relief and just relax.  Yeah, I'm showing my age.

Fridays are just about like any other weekday.  I come home from work, turn the chickens out for a little bit if the weather is nice.  They are like a bunch of little kids, they run and flap their wings and have a grand ole time scratching and pecking.  It's fun to just watch them.  Then I gather eggs and make sure they have fresh water and feed for the next day.

Clean the stall then feed and water the horse, feed and water the barn cats and then take a one-mile walk through the cornfield, so I don't get on the blacktop as hubby worries I might get hit by a car.  Then feed the inside cats and get supper ready for hubby and me.   Then their might be a load of laundry to do or fold and of course, the good ole dishes have to be washed.

By this time if I sit too long, (especially at the computer reading TT ) I don't get a whole lot done.   I use Friday's to get reved up for my weekend of bearmaking by checking notes I have made during the week as to what I want to accomplish.   Sometimes my plans get changed, but I usually get at least one whole day to "play" with the bears on the weekend.

I sure do envy those of you who can stay home during the week.  Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.

Hugs,

Wanda

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

It's saturday night here.  I never do anything coz of my illness' but make the most out of TV and the net of course  bear_tongue  Yep, TV is my social life lol ...tonight we have Heartbeat which I love to watch snacking on Cheetos and chocolate  bear_grin   Then I have to clean a little of my bear stuff up as a friend is coming to visit me on Monday :)
xo Sarah

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well I've passed by Friday night, which was fantastic. I kept calling to my kids to come and watch a new DVD with me. They took so long to come in and watch the film that I fell asleep in the chair and the little (well not so little) horrors watched it without me. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
I'll get them, I'll put Lilo and Stitch on and see how they like it. Ha, ha! I just love that film. I can't help being a big kid.    bear_grin

As for going out clubing, dancing or even to a pub with my husband...NEVER...he never goes out at night, well only to take my daughter to and from wherever she needs a lift. As soon as she has he driving licence he won't leave the has after dark at all. I'm used to his funny ways but it would be great to go out with him one evening,even just the once.    bear_cry

Hugs Jane

Board footer