Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Now I'm worried.  bear_sad

How can it be that I tear up at the mere mention of the word "wedding" but, strangely enough, didn't shed a tear at either daughter's wedding. How weird is that? Should I be talking to someone about this?

I blubbed myself silly when Luis and Maria got married on Sesame Street, but grinned right through the real thing. Is this what senility feels like?

Ah Friday! It's gone now, but not forgotten. Friday is the day when everybody begins to relax. I usually relax so well that I'm asleep before the end of the Hawaii Five-0 rerun. Bliss for us is not having to go anywhere.

Eileen

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I go to see my mum and dad and I get to see my brother too. Its then home for 9.30, open the wine and order a curry later. Bliss! bear_original  I was supposed to have gone a works meeting last night but told a lie  bear_whistle  sometimes you just don't need the hassle on a Friday evening.
Now its Saturday and hopefully I get to go Hobbycraft to get some marker pens and other bits and pieces. I also had a lovely pressie off Kim Bonsall in the post, some fabric which has set my day onto a good thing.

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Hi All,
Well it is now Sat morning and I've managed to make it through Friday night without freezing to death.  I live way out in the middle of knowwhere and it is not uncommon to lose power for no other reason than just because :dance: .  Last night was no exception so at 5:30 when the lights began to flicker it's like dang there goes my plans of another evening of stuffing my face with god only knows what and experiencing the exciting challenge of watching the boob tube with the channel flipping hubby.

Now what am I suppose to do, haven't learnt to sew bears in the dark yet?  First of all dig out every candle we own, now that's better the house looks like a scene out the Fantom of the Opera, creepy and homey at the same time.  Temprature out side is minus a million zillion, (official temp according to the weather network) better get the wood stove up and running, hard task to do with your heavy mitts and snow suit on but where there's a will there's a way.  Ahhhh now that's better we can now stripped down to the long underwear .

Need to feed the troops , daughter is looking kinda pale from lack of nutrition or is that the Goth look I've been hearing so much about?  I pulled out all the food that doesn't required any cooking, chips, cookies, ice-cream.....etc it is time to have a feast. 
Now that dinner is taken care of the entertainment issue needs to be addressed. HMMM what kind of fun things can you do in the dark..... get your mind of the gutter gals my daughter is present :redface: Looks like a night of crazy 8's is ahead of us, Yahoo!!!! I just detest card games.

10:00pm still no lights and it's time for the horses last night feed. Task difficult in the best of times, (like to get a heads up on my poop scooping and horses don't take to me fiddling around their stalls with them still in them) Well pump is not running so must find water from other source, water trough is only means of water right now and the blasted thing is all the way on the other side of the pasture.  I'm bundled up like a 2 year old in my oversized snow suit flash light in one hand and bucket in another stumbling around in the dark on a mission to bring water to my thirsty beasts.  Get my water and a soaking mitt to boot now my hand is frozen to the metal bucket handle, yah this is soooo much fun.  Wind is whipping snow in my face and the barn looks miles away in the dark. Make my way towards it hoping to not lose my way, waters slushing over the sides of bucket  running down my now soaked snow pants.  I fear I may not make this journey before the wolves find my frozen carcass and have a feast.  Find the barn get the beasts their water, what's left of it.  Oh look a fresh poop I'll just scoop that out before horse drags it all over his stall and makes a real mess, (neat freak that I am) pitch fork, bucket and flashlight in hand poop in sight, so focused on task didn't see horses foot until it was to late.  I must of flashed the light in Clany's eyes scared the crap out of him and his method of showing fear is to kick!!!! ouch hoof landed smack dap on my big behind, no joke :redface: I have never been kicked  before bitten, tossed off the horse back Yes, but never kicked and in the butt of all places. You would think with all the padding of snow suit and butt flesh I wouldn't feel a thing wrong..... Ouch, ouch, ouch now I'm pissed.  No more nice gal you lousy stinken &^**#@ horses your only going to get three mints withyour feed tonight!!! That'll teach them buggers to mess with me. bear_grin  :lola: Stomp out of barn in a lopsided butt swelling way and head back into the house frozen tears staining my rosy cheeks.  Slam the door and yell at the hubby YOU TAKE CARE OF THE DOGS I'M GOIN TO BED!!!!! and slink off into my cold bed pride wounded and butt cheek still stinging, I fall asleep dreaming of a better day to come.  AHHHH another typical Friday under my belt.

Now that power has been restored and another day is upon me I can see that I did have a great time with my hubby and daughter playing cards and sitting around just laughing and talking. Sometimes a little power outage is what is needed to make us relize how good we got things and that having a family to share those moments with is what life is all about.
Hugs Deborah

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Amanda wrote:

I also had a lovely pressie off Kim Bonsall in the post, some fabric which has set my day onto a good thing.

Glad I could put a smile on your face!!!! I love getting things in the mail!!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I'm stuffing my face full of potato chips and deciding if I want to cut out a new bear tonight or wait until tomorrow...

Shantell - you are a girl after my own heart! What a perfect way to spend an evening
bear_thumb   bear_wub  bear_tongue   :hug:

I usually relax so well that I'm asleep before the end of the Hawaii Five-0 rerun.

Ha Ha Eileen - a Steve McGarrett fan eh? I used to love that programme but pleeese tell me the name of the big Haiwiian guy!!!!!!!!!! It's driving me nuts.
  bear_wacko bear_whistle

open the wine and order a curry later

TUT TUT Mand  bear_shocked   bear_whistle   bear_wacko

That'll teach them buggers to mess with me

That's it Deborah, you tell 'em!!!! ha ha ha

You have all made my day reading through this post - i know it's Saturday now, but who cares?!

Penny  bear_wub   bear_thumb   :hug:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Glad i don't work Erin - oh Lord i hated it at weekends, all i ever did was housework and sleep.

I don't envy you darlin but,  nah na nah na nah  - i ain't doing NOTHING!  bear_laugh

PenPen  bear_tongue

Board footer