Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pages:
Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

20398006_sm1.jpgHi everyone,
Thanks so much for all your love, prayers & best wishes for Magic. It's so comforting reading all your post. Just as they were when I was dealing with the loss of Zara, a few short weeks ago. In other post not concerning Magic I see some of you are dealing with your own problems- either personal, with family members, friends or your own animals. But you all still find the time to think of me. I can't thank everyone enough & of course I wish & pray all of the things everyone is dealing with works out for the best.
Now for the update-
Magic took turn for the worse this afternoon & had to go back in for another surgery, due to a bacteria infection. They removed more of her intestines for a total of 8 inches. She's stable right now but her condition can change very quickly, since the infection is so severe. Right now it's confined to her stomach. As long as it doesn't move to her organs or blood stream, they should be able to keep it under control; and she should make a full recovery.  At this point the Doc. is referring to her as a very critical patient. She's going to stay in the ICU for at least 5 more days. I'm allowed to visit with her tomorrow & I'll post an update when I get home.
The Doc. said he's performed about the 25 surgeries due to greenies in the last couple months. He DOES NOT recommend them for any dog, even though lots of dogs eat them & never have any problems. I'm totally convinced Greenies kill & will make your dog suffer a huge amount.
So far Magic's bill is $8000.00- no exaggeration, I can only image how many people had to let their dogs go because of the over wheeling expense to save their lives. I'm starting my own campaign to try & stop the suffering & heart break caused by greenies. I've already written to PETA & Ophra to try to get them to bring awareness to this problem. I'm starting a website for other people to tell their stories. www.greenieskill.com - I made sticky posters to post every where possible. I'm leaving flyers in the waiting room at the hospital tomorrow. Maybe it's my own quilt that has me so angry & hurt but I'm determined to get the word out. GREENIES KILL- If I would have only listened to the warnings Magic wouldn't have to be going through this. Hopefully I can save other dogs & families from having to deal with this tragedy. Thanks everyone for spreading the word to your family & friends. Be sure to visit the new website soon.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness, Sandy, I hope so much that Magic survives and makes a full recovery.  We will all be thinking of you and sending best wishes for Magic to hang on during the next few days.  You are doing those of us who have dogs a great service in getting the word out about Greenies - thank you for doing so.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Oh, Sandy, when I saw 'Magic Update' I was hoping it would be better news. bear_sad  I'm so sorry it wasn't. bear_cry  I will keep you both in my prayers. :hug:
Meanwhile, my sister-in-law raises dogs and her puppies go all over the country. I will alert her to Greenies and the website and I'm sure she will help spread the word.
hugs,

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Sandy,  I sorry to hear Magic needed more surgery - the poor wee thing.  It's so traumatic for her.  I will definitely keep her in my prayers until she feels better.  I hope you are getting some rest, even though I know how stressful it is.  Take care.

Hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sandy,
I'm so sorry to hear that more surgery was necessary and that she is in critical condition. You and she are in my prayers.

Have you seen this site: http://www.thetruthaboutgreenies.com/Index.htm just so you know what you are up against! I'm on your side, believe me!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Big hugs and lots of prayers coming your way.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Ahh sweetie! We are praying for all of you!! Hugs to Magic and your family! I am heartbroken!

many Hugs Louise

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Sandy

Hang in there - it is horrible to go through any thing like this and my thoughts are with you.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am thinking of you and Magic. You should sue this company...no doubt about it!!

nettie scotland
Website

The fact that she is stable must be good news.I hope to hear even better soon
Diane xxx
good on you taking the time to think of others with your campaign.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh I do hope that magic is ok very soon. Bless her she had gone through enough already.  Maybe her name will cary her through  and magic will work for her.

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

My prayers are with your family and Magic.  bear_cry My heart aches for you and I hope Magic will improve soon. I can't help but see how many people and pets that you and Magic will be helping now that you have taken up the fight against this horrible treat. Sometimes our sorrow is part of a bigger plan.heartfelt hugs to you,your family and Magic. :hug:  :hug:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

You and Magic are in our prayers. Good luck with the website and getting the word out about Greenies. I did email your post to my daughter who has 2 dogs. Hope everyone will take heed....  :hug:  :pray:  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Yikes!  I know I could not afford $8000 bear_sad  Prayers for Sandy and Magic  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Sandy, I'm sorry to hear she had another surgery. I hope she will pull through like a trooper. And good for you for taking a stand. I know we were all thankful for being informed, but we're small scale compared to the millions that need to be aware. And I would agree that you definitely have a case in which to sue. Don't let them intimidate you, cause I'm sure that's what they're counting on.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I really hope that Magic recovers soon Sandy. I shall be thinking of you both.  bear_wub

Ban Greenies - that's what i say

Penny x

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry Oh she's one very ill little girlie!  bear_cry   I shall keep up the positive vibes....please get better Magic!!!  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh man. I'm soo glad you are able to pay those HUGE bills! I know it can be tough when the money just isn't around. Poor little guy. How horrible to be so sick.

Funny, how greenies kill and I"ve never heard that. I'm soo glad you are trying to spread the word. There are a million other treats I can give my dog besides those.

You've also inspired me to look into pet insurance as well.

Thanks for the update, I'm sending lots of good energy your way.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Sandi... that is just terrible!  Our local news did a similar story about Greenies a couple of weeks ago.... I cetainly had no idea that they were so dangerous.  I feel just awful for Magic.... my prayers.....  :pray:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

ah I'm sorry - just saw this. My thoughts are with Magic - really
it's not fair. Dobes have enough health issues to dodge without
adding harmful treats from the pet store to the mix, ya know?

Part of the problem is there are so many different SORTS of dogs,
& even with different 'chewing styles'. I might give a greenie to a pug
or an italian greyhound - MAYBE. They really ought to label these things
for toy sized dogs only.

It's terrible the stuff that gets sold for pets. the Hartz flea collar type products
that would literally kill a greyhound by poisoning; the 'goldfish' bowls that are by
no means an adequate size for a goldfish (who should have at minimum 10 gallons
of filtered water per fish, IIRC, unless you want to kill them slowly by poisoning them
with their own ammonia); dog food with ingredients like peanut shells & 'meat byproducts'
(WHAT kind of meat??)

People SHOULD be able to trust that dog treats are safe for dogs, cat food
is nourishing for cats, & goldfish bowls are appropriate housing for goldfish.
I could understand special circumstances like a pet with allergies or special
needs not being able to use the default 'off the shelf' products. But in general
these things should be safe, good, & right.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. It's just a thing that really irks me as being
terribly unethical, to take advantage of people who have every reason to
expect they are choosing the right goodies & stuff for their beloved pets.
& this is an example of why, with a name, a cute face, & an $8000 price tag  bear_sad

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Sandy I'm so sorry to hear about Magic.  Sure hope she pulls through okay.  Also thanks so much for making everyone aware of this problem.

Jane

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Sandy,

Magic is in my thoughts and prayers.  I really hope Magic feels better soon.  Please keep us updated.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

HI,  Just wanted give a quick update on Magic. I visited with her today, she's heavily sedated so I'm not sure if she knew I was there. They're doing everything possible to help her pull through. She has lots of IV's constantly pumping lots of stuff in & pumping the toxins out. She's even getting a special protein that comes from human blood. They had to order it special just for her from the people blood bank. It's the absolute best thing to get her back on the right track. At this point she's had no change in her condition. But in 3-4 days they should be able to tell if she's improving & if we should continue with her treatment. I'll I update if any changes.~  Thanks again for keeping her in your prayers, Sandy

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

bear_sad  I hope with all my heart she pulls thorugh

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

oh Sandy,  I'm so sorry to hear that
Magic needed more surgery..
I will definitely keep her in my prayers. 

Marie

Pages:

Board footer