Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

dellyb Personally For You
West Yorkshire

Just a quick query..

I have started painting my own teddy bear eyes and have been using different nail varnishes to get some great effects.

After colouring I have been putting a top coat over the colour and then applied to the bear..

A though suddenly occurred to me that what if the varnish ever deteriorates?  Does that happen then peal off?  Or is there some thing better to seal them with?

Thanks Adele

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Adele, I also paint the eyes with nail varnish, but I paint it underneath the transparent glass. When I attach the eyes the varnished area stays between the glass and the fabric. It is not exposed to peeling this way. I hope I explained it correctly and it makes sense!

West Yorkshire

Hi there, yes thank you ... That's exactly how I'm doing them, but for some reason it occurred to me it may somehow wear off in years to come ..

I've had some fabulous results with them. The sparkle ones look great xx

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

I don't think it could wear off, unless you turn them on themselves so that they scratch against the fabric? I always put a drop of glue when I attach the eyes, to be sure that they are really properly attached, that also prevents them from turning on themselves. I think you can be pretty at ease, the colour won't wear off so easily. The effects are great, aren't they?  bear_original  bear_original  I also love to experiment with eye painting from time to time!

West Yorkshire

Ok  that's interesting. Do you just glue the stem hole or the back of eye?

Board footer