Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

PaeoniaDrop Posts: 48
Website

Hi everyone,

I've browsed the library a bit and while I found people talking about fairy wings, I've seen a few bears with antennas here, so I was wondering if you could lend me a hand. I'll be making mine out of wire and some film. I thought about creating a loop on the end as we have with eyes and attaching them that way, but with more though, in that scenario the wire would pull straight through. I've attached handmade antlers like this before, but the antlers were there to stop it from going into the fabric further.

Thanks,
Laine

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'm not quite sure what you are asking - are you asking how to attach antenna to the head of the bear?   
If so, I make my antenna out of wire usually, and then I use my awl to put a little hole into the bear's head (not for the faint of heart  bear_cry  )
Then I dip the end of the wire into super glue and stick it into the hole.

PaeoniaDrop Posts: 48
Website
Laura Lynn wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you are asking - are you asking how to attach antenna to the head of the bear?   
If so, I make my antenna out of wire usually, and then I use my awl to put a little hole into the bear's head (not for the faint of heart  bear_cry  )
Then I dip the end of the wire into super glue and stick it into the hole.

Hi Laura,

Yes that's what I was asking. Sorry for not phrasing it clearer. Is there any chance of the wire slipping deeper into the head using that method? I have some E6000 but that takes a little while to set.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Great!  It probably depends on how firmly you stuff the head.  Mine are very firmly stuffed so no, it won't go deeper into the head.  If you need to, you could lie the bear down and prop up the antenna so they are level with the head...?

Board footer