Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

ShamrockDDC2.jpgGreenGrosgrainRibbonDDC2.jpgBuckleDDC2.jpgKewpie-for-DDC2.jpgDigitalDesignChallenge2Pale.jpgDigitalDesignChallengeBORDE.jpgFor those of you already hungry for more... a new challenge, this time geared toward upcoming St. Patrick's Day.

As before, please keep your final image to 180 x 270 pixels, and save it at 72dpi.

The other "rules" are:

1.  Use all five colors in the palette somehow, somewhere.

2.  Use all FOUR of the attached elements -- Kewpie, shamrock, ribbon, and buckle.  They're all either royalty (copyright) free, and/or I created them myself, so we won't run into any problems with using them here.

3.  Use a photo of one of your bears.

Go crazy!

PS  I must credit the Kewpie appropriately.  She's royalty free and okay to use here, but on a commercial site, like this one, credit must be given.  Interestingly, after I found this picture on the internet, I realized it was posted at About.com in the Dolls area, which is actually helmed by a doll expert and price guide author local to Chico, who happens to be the mother of one of my son's very best friends, and a friend of mine as well! 

Anyway, credit for the Kewpie goes to the delightful:

©2000 Denise Van Patten
http://collectdolls.about.com

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Okay Shelli, thanks.
Just like you, making sure to give credit where credit is due!

Now, what am I going to do...................................?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

PBBDDC2Image1copy.jpgHere's my offering for challenge #2.

Now let's see yours!

No text to include this time.  Use your imagination and have fun!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Your too quick for me still trying the first one, love the colours of this new one though.  :clap:

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Shelli, do you ever sleep???? Every time I log in you are here with new bright idea  bear_shocked  .....sounds like poem to me ..... bear_grin

I do need some sleep but made my old mistake: logged in here just FOR A FEW MIN I priomice! just before going to bed.. bear_whistle  (an hour already.. :twisted: ) I have to go to work tomorrow, I have four teddy heads laying in front of the monitor begging to be finished..
.......but I'm off to Photoshop now... see you later.. :hug:

Julia

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I have made the St.Pats avatar and liked it soooo much i have added it as my avatar for a while - until after the 17th anyway!

Penny  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

AWESOME PENNY!!!!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

pattyscard.jpgOK mine is done.. its not as nice as the ones so far but I did what I could!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Challenge-2.jpgHere is my take.  I must say it was much easier this time and I learned even more cool stuff Elements 4 can do.  I can see I'll be addicted by the time my free trial expires !  YIKES, more money to spend  bear_grin  Hey Pen, I think I'll follow your lead and make it my avatar( I hope you don't mind !  bear_ermm )- it did seem a bit early for my bunny avatar anyway  bear_grin

Pipa UK

PattyAva.jpgHere's mine bear_original

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Tammy wrote: Pen, I think I'll follow your lead and make it my avatar

Yeah! Let's all go green for St. Patricks Day Tammy  :dance:

I don't mind at all girlywirly - it's your party and you can cry if you want to (dunno why i said that, it just leapt into my head) ha ha ha ha

Penny  :hug:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

31a91223ce90526e15594669431a3197.jpgHere i am again with another crappy one

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

ATC-2-Final.jpgOkay, so far I can tell that I try to cram too much stuff in the tiny area.  It looks too cluttered.  I really like more simple designs, but I can't make myself STOP DROPPING MORE STUFF ONTO IT!    bear_rolleyes

I think I'll change my avatar.  Same ol' panda though.  I should be spending this time sewing up a new bear.  bear_whistle
Let's do this each month! 
Lynne

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I think they're all just wonderful.....each with their own beauty....just like our bears!  Way to go girls!!

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Thats realy nice Lynne

Thanks, Fran.  Yours is making me giggle - I can see that  teddy-head peeking through the shamrocks!

You're getting it though!    :dance:  I lilke your extra elements.  I think finding "extra" stuff to include is half the fun.

Lynne

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Irish-challenge-copy.jpgHere's my effort of the challenge .....

Oops.  bear_tongue   I kept monkeying with the lettering and the next thing I knew Kewpie was demanding a HAT!  bear_whistle  So I changed my avatar AGAIN.
Will this never cease?  It's after 5 AM and I haven't been to sleep yet!!   bear_wacko  Seriously addicting.
Lynne

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

finntag.jpgI love all the avatars so far - Happy St Patrick's Day everyone bear_original  This has given me a nice way of sending e-cards to all my family in Ireland - great colours to use, can make up the Irish flag bear_original  great fun and soooo addicting! 

Hugs
Catherine
x

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Lynne mind makes me cry  :redface:  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Just awsome.  It is wonderful to see all the different ideas.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I recognise that Bear Patsy!!!! Could it be "Emeralda"?????? bear_grin

Brilliant work every one.
I must have missed something though at the beginning, what programs are you all using to create these amazing avatars???!!!!!      TRUELY WONDERFUL LADIES :clap:  :clap:

I just popped over to the first challenge and am now down loading Elements4.0. A BIG BIG THANKYOU TAMMY.
I have had the best afternoon looking at your digital work, reading your posts and listening to you all contradicting yourselves and then finally giving it ago. You are all marvelous. Such fun.
You are all inspiring creative souls.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
I'm now going to give it a go myself!!!!!!!!! How on earth could I allow myself to be left behind. Plus I love playing with  Art word on my microsoft programme.
Hayley I will head off to do the tutorial that you left the link for. Thankyou

regards Matilda bear_wacko  bear_grin

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Matilda fancy you knowing the Bear  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh I am trying to use photoshop, I am very basic with it ... I just hope I will improve in time. I see that you have another new avatar .... very nice, is it another creation of yours??

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Hi Patsy. Fancy meeting you here. ! Do you come here often???
I saw your digital work on the first challenge. I'm very impressed. This one with the 'St Pats' theme is lovely, clever you.
I'm down loading Adobe Elements4.0. That Tammy left a link for. Am way behind but have to have a go. bear_grin  bear_grin    Matilda :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention.... Her name is Kitty. I made her last year and Hayley did the avatar for me. I tried to put up another avatar but apparently it was tooo wide. ??? and this was quick and handy to put up . I would love to make one with Monty and Mr Puss together. bear_grin

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I enjoyed this one I love everyones pics here is my effort

stpatsproject.jpg

Board footer