Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Tony Furleigh Bears.
Trowbridge

I was offered an old bear which I could not resist. 1414435114_p1050084_copy.jpgI have a feeling he may date from the 1930's. He has such a cute well rounded face I just could not say no.1414435129_p1050086_copy.jpg1414435142_p1050085_copy.jpg

He is stuffed with wood wool and has cotton paw pads. His eyes have been replaced with orange ones which are too small. One of the original eyes has survived and this is a 16mm clear glass one as seen in one of the pictures. He has a great protruding snout. Of interest is his front paws. These swell out slightly at the wrist then seem to become quite pointy near the finger tips. This may be distinctive to a manufacturer. There seems to be no markings or tags which could identify his maker easily. So I put it to the best people who are in the know about these old bears. Anyone come across a bear like this one before? any ideas? I would be very grateful for any advice.
Best wishes, Tony.

Board footer