Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

clueless149 Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,
   My name is Jimm and I'm from New York.  When I was growing up, my mother was an avid bear collector and maker.  I remember traveling all the north east with my mom attending numerous teddy bear conventions and bear signings.  My mom passed away earlier this year from heart failure.  Now I am tasked with seeing what bears I have, what they are worth today and the best way to go about selling them. 
For instance, I have a 1983 Steiff Manschli "Buddha Bear" 0310/19.  The bear is Autographed by Steiff on the ear tag, and is in like new condition (non of the bears I have were played with, collection only)...
I also have a Diane Gard bear.  A Bear with a Heart #39/250 and was autographed by Diane in 1987.

I have a ton of bears to go through and need help... hopefully I can find it here.  I'm not looking for top dollar (although nice), but not looking to sell a $300 bear for $20 either...

Thanks for any and all help...

Jimm

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Sheesh!  That sounds like a big job.  It's time-consuming, but my best advice would be to do a search on ebay and check the "sold" listings for the types of bears you have.  That would be the way I would do it.  It would at least give you an idea where to start.  What I might pay for a bear may be different from what someone else would pay. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so something that might appeal to me might not appeal to another collector, and sorry to say, it's very hard to say what a particular teddy is worth.  It's what the market will BEAR (haha), but first and foremost, it's condition, condition, condition.

I hope that helps. bear_original

Board footer