Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Wrylie Posts: 1

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum but I inherited a bear when I was very young from a family friend. I know it's from at least 1906 because I have a picture of the person I inherited it from with the bear that is dated 1906 and has his age on it. It is currently at my parents house and I am going to go take some pictures of it tomorrow (or very soon thereafter) and I am interested to know what kinds of things help you identify bears. If I remember correctly, it does not have any tags of any kind but I have never looked for a hole or anything like that. I cannot really remember the condition it is in off of the top of my head, but it has always seemed "not perfect but I love it all the same". bear_original Anyway, I don't know if taking pictures at certain angles helps or if there are any questions I should have in my head to make note of to possibly get help from you all.

I also don't know a whole lot about the guy I inherited it from. He was a family friend and apparently he met me when I was little and really liked me so he gave me his bear. I've always felt quite close to it but never really knew much about it if that makes sense.

Anyway, if you have any tips, I'd be grateful!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

If you get some good full-length shots--front and back--and close-ups of the nose, ears, and paws, those would be helpful.

Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Becky

Board footer