Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

PlushPuppy Posts: 110

The mohair I bought was super soft and fluffy, but after squashing it about sewing it it's gone a bit flat looking. I have brushed it a little with a soft baby brush but I'm afraid of pulling it out and making it patchy. Is there any brush that is suitable to use? Or would mohair conditioner spray used on reborn babies work then blow drying it afterwards?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Good-quality mohair can take quite a bit of brushing. Many of us use brushes like these (http://www.edinburghimports.com/index.p … &x=13&y=17), or a clean pet brush of the type with widely spaced wire bristles with protective plastic balls on the ends. The small finger brush is also very good for grooming your seams after sewing and turning (in case any fur has gotten caught in the seams).

Becky

PlushPuppy Posts: 110

It's probears mohair and it was pretty pricey so it should be good quality! I've got a brush like the one in the link, a slicker brush, in my dog grooming box so I'll give it a go. I didn't like to try it out without asking first incase it was too harsh and pulled the mohair out of the backing!

Board footer