Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Yesterday and the day before we had several storms and tornadoes rip thorugh.  Luckily we missed the damage this time...the tornadoes touched down to the west of us, and hammered to the north... But I'm concerned as I know quite a few teddy makers are spread across the Midwest.

Also...hubby won't let me look, but I know there are awful fires raging across Texas.  Please be careful everyone!!!   :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

I thought of everyone else in the Midwest last night too.  Wow.....what crazy weather!  The tornadoes were all in far southeastern Iowa, so they were a ways from us.  We had a nasty mix of sleet, freezing rain, and snow.  And wicked cold wind which is still blowing today. 

I pray that everyone is safe and sound bear_wub  bear_wub

:hug:
Tracy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yikes. bear_sad   Did you know that North America is the only continent that has tornadoes. 

Boy, there's just not a darn thing you can do about them except brace for it.  I hope no one got hurt.

More like dig a hole Judi ...  bear_whistle

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Yep, ditto that Debbie - i hope you are all safe and well over there  :hug:

Penny  :pray:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I hope everyone is ok.   :hug:

Judi, I don't know that North America is the only place to get tornadoes.  I wish we didn't have that.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Glad to hear you weathered the storms okay Deb. We did too. I hope everyone else is safe too.
Last night the worst storms mostly went around us. Saturday, though we got hammered by a couple nasty thunderstorms complete with marble size hail, fierce winds, and torrential rains. We went from bone dry to flood state in less than 30 minutes.
In between storms I sat down to catch up with Teddy Talk for the first time in days and right in the middle fo a post... poof. My ISP went down. storm related I guess.
No tornadoes or real damage here though, thank God. Other places in Missouri didn't fare so well. Several homes were destroyed and there was 1 fatality that I know of. My heart really goes out to those families.
It is awfully early in the year for this kind of severe weather. I hope it isn't a sign of a bad tornado season to come!

Now there are fires in Texas? I hadn't heard that. I hope everyone down there is safe. Sue Ann? Are you okay?

Whew. Nature isn't being very friendly lately.

113 tornadoes ...that's what a friend has told me the count was for yesterday alone.  I'm not sure if that's a record or not, but its a heck of a way to kick off Tornado season! 

Bonnie I'm so relieved you and yours are safe  :hug:   The lightning can sometimes knock out PCs as well as their servers. Just rough all the way around...  I'm so glad you're back on here, though.  Life would be truly harsh without Teddy Talk  bear_cry

Two of the fatalities were in Sedalia (roughly 20 miles west of us), not sure if there were more....it always seems days before they know the complete tally...

Sue Ann's on holiday, or at least she was, but I know there's other Teddy Talk members as well in Texas.  Trouble is, Texas is a huge state, and it must've scared the dickens out of hubby, as he won't let me look at the news stories...and that IS a bad sign  bear_cry

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Boy, I hope everyone in Texas is safe from the fires. Hubby said there was so much smoke from the fires it was showing up on weather radar, like clouds. He wasn't sure exactly where the fires were though. I guess I need to start keeping up with the news more. I usually avoid the news because I generally find it pretty depressing but a person needs to know whats going on in the world.

The weather channel is reporting 113+ tornadoes and 12 fatalities over the multi state area where the tornadoes hit. They said it was the worst March tornado outbreak in history.

Life would be truly harsh without Teddy Talk

Isn't that the truth! Even though I've been trying to limit my computer time, I would really hate it if I couldn't visit my friends here at TT at all. bear_cry

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no,  I wish everyone is ok....
Please stay safe midwest friends.  :hug:

Marie

Board footer