Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

1426589417_image.jpg

1426589968_image.jpg
This is the tenth Teddybear I've made and he is about 8ins/20cms tall.
I think he has a mischievous look like a "wee scamp". The pattern is designed by Linda Benson of "Bears in the Bush" whose work I greatly admire.It gave me the chance to try some advanced techniques for the second time,such as open mouth,leather nose and sculpted paws.
I find Linda's patterns well written with clear diagrams and photos which is so important for a novice like me.It helps to get a reasonable result and that encourages you to continue practicing this lovely craft instead of being disappointed and giving up.
A Big Thank You! to all those generous artists who share their knowledge and expertise and keep this wonderful craft alive  bear_flower  bear_wub

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

very impressive!!!  I can hardly believe you've only made ten bears!!!  He's gorgeous!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He's wonderful! Good for you for trying Linda's pattern and advanced techniques.  bear_flower

Becky

koonienett Lüdinghausen
Website

Archie seems so self-confident bear_thumb bear_wub
I think you are very talented in bear-making

bear_flower Thank you so much everybody for your lovely compliments,really appreciated  bear_thumb .

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

Wow amazing bear, I cannot believe you have only made a few - your techniques are fabulous  bear_thumb

Keep up the fantastic work

Hugs

Lisa

bear_thumb Thanks very much for the praise,Lisa & Pink,means a lot. bear_flower
Linda's pattern is great which helps quite a bit however I am always learning with each bear I make.
My nose embroidery is rubbish and I struggle with symmetry so I need loads of practice there. I'll also have to try and become confident enough to have a go at designing a pattern of my own sometime.  bear_rolleyes

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

You should see my first bear!!  We called him 'Mongo' because everything about him was wonky!!  bear_grin

I still have him, shoved in a cupboard, never to see the light of day - he was truly awful and nowhere near the standard that you are producing.  Keep up the good work, your symmetry and noses will just go from strength to strength  bear_flower

Hugs

Lisa x

LOL ... I can relate to that Lisa,got several examples of bears which feature how not to do things,such as too big nose,lopsided ear etc. they are inspiration to try to do it better next time  bear_original .
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement and hopefully I can aspire to the award winning standard of your gorgeous bears  bear_flower .

Crown Critters Crown Critters
Dallas, Texas
Website

What an amazing job! Gorgeous work.  bear_wub

bear_thumb Thank you very much,Anthony,approval from talented artists like yourself on TT is so encouraging  bear_original .

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Well it is a while since we saw any of your bears but worth waiting for Archie is wonderful bear_wub I greatly admire your leather nose it is something I have never attempted but would love to have a go at - they look very hard to do  bear_thumb
michellex

bear_flower Many thanks Michelle.
Yes,this little bear was a long time in the making because I have been sidelined into knitting charity projects.
I found the leather nose easier than embroidery although Linda's pattern from Bensons Bears included very detailed photographs of each stage in the process which was a great help.

Board footer