Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

atome02.jpgHi, friends :),

here is an attempt at an anime style mini bear. He is 55mm (2'') tall.
I permit myself to ask you what you think about it : I'm not sure if I really like it or not. I aimed to make a very toyish bear, to give it to my "normal" bears, at the beginning, but I don't think they would go together well...

It's just a prototype, so please, don't pay attention to details.

atome03.jpg

atome05.jpg

atome06.jpg

atome07.jpg

Thanks a lot !
Bear hugs,
Marion

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I think it is a fabulous pattern design Marion.
You have captured the essence of a 'toy' perfectly and i think you should make lots of these tiny bears! (and give them to me ha ha)

Penny  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

HE HE HE What a cutie!!! He is so tiny too!!! I think he is wonderful!!!!!!!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks so much, friends !  :hug: You are so nice !  bear_wub
So I have a good reason for ordering some Sassy fur ! bear_innocent  bear_innocent

Marion  :hug:

PS : Penny, I'll send you one, I promise ! bear_original bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Marion , what a dear sweet little bear.  Having him in your hand really gives perspective on just how small he is.  Lovely little tike!  AND he has your look.  Great job! :clap:  :clap:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks girls ! bear_original I wasn't going to do that but reading your lovely comments, I've started to make him some little brothers bear_original.
Thanks Judi for telling me that he has "my look" bear_original. I didn't think he looked like my other bears but I'm very happy if he does bear_original.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Marion! I love your new design. Little animi (SPELLING??) bears are adorable!! I love this baby Bear!

Many Hugs Louise

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Bravo Marion! He is adorable and like Judi says, he has your look. Great new design!!
Sonya

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Marion............................I LOVE YOU!

Penny  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap: Sooooo cute!!  I really love this new design...definitely keep making them!

:hug:
Tracy

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

I think he is pretty cool.  :clap:
When you put these bears up for adoption, you might want to use the "micro" setting on your camara if you have one. On my camara the micro button looks like a little flower. It really helps show the detail on such a delicate little bear. And such a cutie deserves it!
Aerianna

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Oh thanks !!!  :hug:  :hug:

For the "macro" stting on the camera, I thought I've used it but I'm not sure (I didn't put the camera on a pod,it's maybe that) bear_original. Thanks for the advise bear_original.

I have a  problem with these little ones : I do not string joint well and the limbs do not remain firmly attached...
I've searched with the search button in the forum but I do not find something about that...
Could someone explain me how to do that the most efficient way  ?

Thanks so much !   :hug:
Hugs,
Marion bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

The Kims (not me) do string jointing for their minis (I think Kim Basta does but I know Kim Whitlock does).... I am sure they can explain.  I need help with that as well, I string joint my felted bears but that is a lot different bear_original 

This is the second time I am looking at this little guy, he is so cute... reminds me of a marshmallow!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Very cute wee Bear Marion and so tiny.
Great new design and I would make more of these cute little chaps.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I think you are onto something with this design. The head shape is great and it will look good in some Sassy fabric. I'm no good at string jointing (I have some legless bears from years ago in my drawer, the legs fell off)
so use cotterpins. Sassy does some really tiny ones. Just sew around the body until you get to the middle bottom. You need more room in the body cavity to put/turn the cotterpins. Good luck with your little ones.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks a lot !
Amanda, thanks for the tips ! I think the 4mm joints would be too big, but I can adapt my pattern bear_original.
I would like to know how to string joint though as it's soooo frustrating not to manage to make them !
bear_wacko (but if I can make little bears another way, that's just perfect bear_laugh bear_happy ).

I think I'll change a little the body shape for the next ones. But I must order some joints and I have no more eyes (I'm making a gobelin and gave him what appeared to be my last pair :/... So Penny, not this week but soon, dear  bear_happy ).

Thanks again,
lots of bear hugs,
Marion bear_original

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

He is so cute.  Good job Love him bear_wub
:hug:
Laurie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Go

for it, Marion!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh my! What a clever little guy and so teeny tiny. I think he is really cute and definitely needs some brothers.  bear_wub

Board footer