Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

As I sit here chowing down on a bag of peanut butter M & M's.... it's my lunch along with a strong cup of coffee... real healthy.... I'm wondering if anyone else has given up on their New Year's Resolutions???

I know at last report some have been doing a fantastic job at their chosen self-improvement for the New Year. And then I know some of us started off great (like I do every year) then slowly loose the will power and begin to fail. Oh, the resolution I made hangs over my head, makes me feel guilty from time to time, encourages me to get back on the straight and narrow (al be it temporarily) from time to time too. But in the end I'd have to say I'm not doing very well.

Perhaps we should make this a monthly challenge, Sue Ann??? Renew the enthusiasm, excitement and challenge to succeed?? Just a thought!

My congrats to those who are sticking with it!!!  :clap:   :clap:

nettie scotland
Website

I am still eating too much!!but have stepped up the running and weights.I am very fit and pretty much toned apart from my bum,but or ass depending on what continent you are on(I have my own one and carry it behind me).If I could just stop eating too much I would have cracked it.
As Scarlet said Tomorrow is another day.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: You can only take life one day at a time Daphne, so just dust yourself off and try to do better tomorrow.  :hug:  I think as women we tend to set ourselves pretty lofty goals.  Even if its to just add a new veg or fruit to a meal tomorrow to make it healthier, or to dust off the weights and do some reps like Judi mentioned whilst waiting for your coffee to brew....its all little steps to a healthier you, and that was the main focus earlier this year. 

As March rolls around, the treadmills and weighlifting machines become cheap, garage sales items.. the enthusiasm and new has worn off....so its no surprise that you've fallen into a slump.  I fell off the wagon a couple weekends back, and got my butt kicked for eating differently!   bear_shocked  Bleah, but I guess in a good way.... I also stopped exercising  bear_sad  and that wasn't good for me either.  I've done the eeniest, weeniest bit of exercise yesterday and today, and I DO feel much better about it, and myself!  Its just one step at a time....  bear_flower

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOL Daphne!!!

Well, I'm taking them one little step at a time...I have a whole looooong list of things I want to accomplish/change.  (I'm doing no good at ALL about staying off the computer!)

But first it was getting us moved... good, can check that off now!

Then, getting records all together for taxes and my daughter's financial info sent in or college....almost done!

Another was to stop drinking caffiene at home... specifically... Diet COKE!!  I LOVE the stuff, think about it, drool over it.. yes, I can honestly say that I AM actually addicted to Diet Coke.... or ... WAS!   The weekend before last when I went to the emergency room then spend the entire weekend in bed on muscle relaxers, Motrin and Vicodin, I figured it was as good a time as any to try to quit.  I've switched over now to Caffiene Free Diet Pepsi... and hope eventually to stop drinking it all together. 

Excercize every day... well... that's on hold now till my back gets a little better  bear_wacko

Be better about making bears.... well, as soon as I stop popping in here that will help  bear_whistle

So... I'm doing ok on some, not so good on others... but just trying to take it one step at a time  bear_grin

Ano

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I haven't!!!
FOr the 1st time, I'm putting my body 1st. I've lost alot of weight, and I'm sooo much more fit and muscular now. My boyfriend couldn't be happier, and neither could I.
I swear, my secret is a cheat meal once a week.At least if I'm dying to eat crappy, I can.

And I have to admit, that Sue Ann got me started. She posted her goals and I thought I might as well just start. It's been very easy, I just have to listen to my body. It likes this healthy way.

I want to look back at myself one day, and just be shocked at the idea that I used to be an overweight smoker.

THose days are slowly fading away..............................

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Well, I'm happy to say I've stuck to my #1 resolution and that was to quit smoking. It's easy now...not quite a challenge anymore.

So, as for my other resolutions...Yes, Daphne, I have thrown them out the window!

I know it's bad, but I hate exercising and I just don't know what the trick is to stay motivated enough to get my lazy butt moving!!

As I sit here thinking about it more...I can't understand how I don't get motivated.

My tummy always bloats after I eat. Always has. Pre-pregnancy, it wasn't such a big deal, but now that I've got that spare tire around my middle (as my lovely fiancee says) it's really bad. Last weekend my mom, sister and I went out to eat during a shopping trip. They were laughing at me because after I ate I seriously looked like I was pregnant. We weren't done shopping so I joked that I would just walk around rubbing my tummy pretending I was pregnant! Now, shouldn't that be motivation enough???

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

My resolutions, 2 of them anyway, are still going.......no smokes for 3 months now, and I still have the fingernails....which keep getting in my way! As for the weight loss, nothing. I haven't worked on the Total Gym for a couple of weeks now, because the arthritis in my left hip has gotten so much worse, I can't do any of the exercises with my left leg, so I got discouraged........BUT! spring and summer is coming, maybe I will get out walking more which my doggie will like.........

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hey, I have good weeks and bad weeks but have lost 9 lbs so far ,it could be a lot more if I tried harder. Summer is not that far away, and I want to lose a stone by then.  Hugs Rita xxx

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, Sandi... the fact I won't fit into any of last year's summer clothes if I don't get motivated should be reason enough for me. That and the stack of all my favorite jeans that eare just one size too small. If I just lost 8 more pounds....... how can that be so tough?!?!? Right now I blame it on the movie bunnies. Except after that I have to sit and make bears to catch up on orders and get ready for a show at the end of April. I know..... excuses, excuses, excuses. Wonder how I can sew and walk at the same time? Sew and ride an excercise bicycle? Hmmm......

Sounds like many of you are doing an awesome job....... congratulations!!!! Keep up the awesome work and will power!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I join those of you that can't seem to control the eating.  I am happy to say that I've been walking with a friend for 45 minutes 3-4 times a week which I wasn't doing before December.  A total of about 12 miles/week I think.
But, I need to get the junk food habit kicked.  I think it is the winter slump, hopefully spring will cure that, but I doubt it  bear_tongue

I am so thrilled with those that have worked hard at the diet, smoking and nail biting.  be very proud of yourselves. You are amazing women !   bear_flower  bear_thumb

Oh, Daphne, I know all about excuses. Aw, hell, I don't even make up excuses anymore, I'm just lazy! I'm too lazy to make up excuses! bear_grin I have lots of cute tops in my closet that I can't, or won't, wear because they are just too snug and look silly with my little pooch. I thought about taping some pics of gorgeous girls on my fridge or something, but that would just encourage Daniel to bother me!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Nah Daph - i have'nt thrown it out the window, it sort of slithered out under the door  bear_whistle

o deary deary me

PenPen  bear_innocent

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Its been a longer, colder winter and I have'nt been as good as I should be. I decided to go back to my slimming class last night so I have to behave myself this week. It still includes wine and a bit of curry as its the weekend but no CHOCCY.  bear_tongue Mind you I have a works meeting to attend tonight  bear_angry which might do my head in, so thinking behave, behave. Theres nothing like people annoying you to make you reach for the naughty food.

Board footer