Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Teddy Talk Teddy Talk
California
Website

We are excited to announce TT v2.0. Here is a list of changes with this upgrade:

• revamped interface to be mobile-friendly

• new photo uploading method below the Message box

• enable/disable display options (smilies, BBCode toolbar) under Profile

• larger thumbnails

• removed links to blog, eBay, etc. except for website since too many were dead, outdated and inactive, etc.

• PM temporarily disabled to be upgraded shortly

We hope you enjoy this upgrade. As always, we welcome feedback/comments. Cheers!

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Although I am sure that the upgrade was the result of much planning, work and effort, it was still disappointing and frustrating to log onto TT this morning and unexpectedly find so many changes.   Neither having nor wanting a mobile device, I cannot judge how the revised interface appears on the small screen of a smartphone or tablet.  However, it is my concerted impression that, in the quest for streamlined simplicity of design, more of the many features that made TT special have been jettisoned along the way:  the listing of a member's cumulative total of postings, the challenge forum, the challenge gallery, the show and birthday calendar, the multiple avatar pictures in the identity block that used.to appear to the left of the message in forum posts, the information on a member's city, state/province and country that also used to appear below the multiple avatar pictures, the festive postings of the celebration ambassador, and the more structured appearance of the forum pages.  Additionally, it was disappointing to find the sudden suspension, pending upgrade, of the PM feature, and the sudden abandonment of the links to members' blogs, Etsy and Ebay stores,. etc.  Of course, I will continue to post the Cute Animal Pic of the Day, but I really miss the features of TT that have been abandoned or set aside.  Finally, the small type against the bright white background can be difficult to read, unless the screen of my laptop computer is tilted at a particular angle.  Absent the availability of the erstwhile PM feature, the alternative was to post this comment to the forum.  Perhaps consideration could be given to restore some of the signature TT features that were abandoned in the upgrade.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

I totally agree with Gail.  This white background is very, very, very difficult to read (especially as I get older, sobs) . 

Where have all the bear smiley faces gone? I made sure it's checked off in my profile, but I don't see them on the bottom of the page..... :o(   

And I do miss the blog/ebay/etsy/website links.  I personally used them all the time to see what many teddy bear artists are creating and to ;ppl at what they've made in the past and to find out where they're from!

Yikes, can we bring some of those features back????  Please????  :oP

Conni Germany

@ EJ:

Smilies you can activate by the profile.

Profile (top right)  ->  Display.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Thank you, Conni...doh!

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Oh what  bear_wacko !!! Thought I'd have an hour of teddy time and err what happened???? Not happy that there are no links (not even to websites or a way to add them on) as I would often use them to view more details about an artist or see more info about the bear they were posting about  bear_sad    bear_angry It was perfect for dipping in and out of peoples links as it would be impossible to follow everyone I admire and one of the features I really loved about TT. Please please bear_flower may we have that back??? Unsure about the colours. However I do like the nice large clear images and the more modern appearance. Right let me have a proper look around..........

Conni Germany

bear_cry Please. I hope and wish me active the connections to websites, etsy, ebay ...... and PM

OutoftheThistle Out of the Thistle®
edmondnutmeg wrote:

However I do like the nice large clear images and the more modern appearance. Right let me have a proper look around..........

I agree! It is nice to have a greater emphasis on the photos and I love how clean it looks. I especially like the new look of the individual profiles. I am glad that we can link back to our website still, because from then on our customers can find our other links. It's definitely more streamlined!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I understand the need to be mobile friendly. My only complaint is the small font on the bright white background. If it's possible to bring back the customized themes, that would be terrific.

Becky

Teddy Talk Teddy Talk
California
Website

The site had to be upgraded due to the recent Google's announcement on rolling out its mobile-friendly update. Per Google: If your site’s pages aren’t mobile-friendly, there may be a significant decrease in mobile traffic from Google Search.

The font was light grey, but now it is black. Is the text readable now?

The font size is the same as before. If you are experiencing small font size, please advise operating system and browser you are using.

Themes will be reinstated.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

I've been a member for many many years now... I Love the new look it is bright and modern... I know how difficult it has been for many sites over the past few weeks due to changes google have made... I appreciate the fact you have gone to the trouble of updating and making sure Teddy Talk is accessible for all users. I appreciate this update would have been a huge task to action, and with the new modern template, we have many changes.  I'm sure with a bit of effort I will all quickly find my way around... Well done all who provide this wonderful new community site...

Conni Germany
koonienett Lüdinghausen
Website

I was a little bit overwhelmed with the upgrade. Now im able again to reply to posts.
Thank you

ivi-na Brno
Website

New upgrade is absolutely horrible. Sorry. Not only does it look unpleasant, moreover, still missing a lot of comfort and useful features. Uniqueness and comfort is gone. This design and function are really for........ nothing. Unsightly, uncomfortable and poor.

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

I think the new style TT was still being finished off when I happened to look in and left my comment about no links. I would still prefer the whole gamit of links but am happy that the websites are back on. I have gotten use to the new style and I must say I do love the the new large pictures in the profile galleries if you have noticed these check them out they are loads better than before. The little 'porthole' profile picture is quite funny it makes me think the bears are looking out at us rather than we looking at them bear_grin . It would be nice to have the same lovely slide show gallery of the collectors corner bears too as I do enjoy looking at every ones bears. It was a bit of a shock to the system - it was like coming home to find someone had redecorated your house but overall thank you I think you did a great job  bear_original

Erin Seals Stonesthrow Critters
Magnolia, AR

I LOVE the new TT layout, thank you so much! It is so awesome to have a mobile friendly site. I know I'm in the minority, but even my real computing device has a touch screen. This design is beautiful and simple and has done away with a lot of clutter.

I do miss seeing the view counts and other post information for my own posts.

Thank you so much! Great work

Board footer