Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

MisterMaster Posts: 3

hi guys!

Desperate to id my little guy. He was given to me by my mother in 1977 or 1978. We lived in Southern California.

He's a small teddy, he came with a thin pink ribbon [ long dissolved] and he was originally a bit more peach, going by his folded down ear and lifting it up. Pretty sure both ears used to be perky. He has button like black eyes, solid. On his back there is what looks like a thick seam of plastic thread of some kind, it seems to be hemmed off at between his shoulders, he has no 'bear' hump.

He used to have a little red tongue attached.

He has no paw pads or feet of any kind, just small 'bends' in the legs to show feet.

Thanks for ANY help!

My mom had pretty limited resources at the time, likely got him from a local dept store or maybe a larger store in the San bernardino area.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

It could be a Mary Meyer teddy bear. Maybe it used to have a music box with a stem sticking through the seam?

Becky

As far as I know, he never had anything attached.

Just the cute little bear and nothing else  bear_original

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

if you would like to see the site where they list all the mary meyer toys that were made (wow, i think you're so very smart, Becky!), check out this website:  marymeyervintage.com.  They have lots of information there.

I hope this helps.

Thanks guys  :)

I went and checked it out, every pic I could find of her bears and toys, nothing like my little bear at all. Will keep my fingers crossed to ID him soon ... thanks for the lead!

Board footer