Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

kay7015 Posts: 3

I know this is not a good picture. But it is all I have of my husband's favorite bear from his childhood. It appears to be blue and white with plaid arms and inside of ears. It had a zipper in the butt that was used to access the mechanism that when pushed, would make the bear talk. Does anyone recognize this bear? Husband was born in New York in 1965.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not able to find even a picture that matches.

Help Identify me

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Similar bears were won at carnivals in the 1960s. It could be one of those, but if it had a pull-string (?) talking device, store-bought might be more likely.

Becky

Thank you for your help. bear_original

Love4Bears Illinois

I see a bear on Ebay that looks similar but it doesn't say that it talks though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-plaid-t … 27fe8620c9

Love4bears, THANK YOU! That is very similar and a big help to point me that way. I thought it might be a carnival bear. What a wonderful Birthday present for my husband's 50th!

Board footer