Oregon Coast

:hug:  :hug:  :hug: Big Hugs!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Take care, things WILL work out.

Joan

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daph, I'm sorry to hear things are rough right now.  Sounds trite, but -- this, too, will pass... and truly, that which doesn't kill you (even though it seems like it might!) really will make you stronger.  I know you know that already. 

You're smart, I think, to look for encouragement and advice when the going gets tough.  Prayers and friends and just plain solid

support

ALWAYS make the hard times pass more quickly, and tend to sand down some of those rough edges.  And what better place to come for some rough-edge-sanding, than here???

:)

You have my complete empathy and understanding and, of course, my heartfelt and numerous hugs as well. 

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I whish I could help you... i never had a dog, so i have no idea...

But I send you an ocean of hugs!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I know it's all silly to get stressed out over sometimes and I am well aware that things could be so much worse. I've been there. And I'm the one who usually lives by the motto of 'This too shall pass' but sometimes I just get so wrapped up in it all that I can't see the big picture and get stuck wallowing in my misery.

Thank you for your hugs and support..... they are helping emmensly!!!! (SP? I'm clicking on Spell Check and it's not doing a thing so sorry about the mistakes!)

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Hang in there Daphne. Eat lots of chocolate!  bear_rolleyes  bear_tongue
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Daphine, I sent you a PM yesterday. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well for heavens sake Miss Daphne!!  bear_cry

Of course you are feeling overwhelmed.  And who wouldn't be with everything going on...  And a lot of us would have crumpled with just the movie thing  :redface:   not to mention the poor poochs and hubster to boot!  :pray:  ( heres praying that the psych guy can help your baby)

Darling lady, take deep breath,

maybe a bubble bath?

maybe drink some bubbly while soaking in the bubbly  bear_wacko

And know that it will all work out
  bear_thumb

And when it does, be proud of how well you have done, and all that you have
accomplished!

:hug:  bear_wub  :hug:

dilu

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Daphne,
I think even if it wasn't for the movie bunnies...the other things alone would be enough to stress you out heaps...but with the buns as well... bear_wacko  Try to take some time out just for you and spend a bit of time relaxing in complete quiet...even do a little bit of meditation...y'know, go to a happy place type of stuff.
Thinking of you and hope it works itself out soon.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Daphne,

I'm sorry you have have so much stressful stuff going on at one time.  I don't have any advice, but I can send lots of hugs your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Daphne  bear_sad   I am so sorry to hear about your troubles.  I am sure whatever you decide about your doggies will be the right choice in the long run.

We're all here for yah, and you know my email address when you need to "chat"

Luv yah!
Danni

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Awwww.... Daphne....... here a bunch of big bear hugs from Ohio!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, girls... I'm feeling much better from all your hugs and encouragement!!!! THANK YOU!!!  bear_flower

The doggies are still with us... it's hub's birthday this weekend.. I couldn't ruin it by sending the dogs away. We'll just take each day at a time with them and the help of the book you all recommended and the doggie psychologist.

Last night I was invited to the movie set to watch the filming of Mimzy... meet the cast and everyone I've been dealing with. How cool would that be????   :dance:  They haven't offered to pay my way and it's a LOOONG way from NH, USA to Vancouver, Canada but I'm thinking about it.

So, after the downpours the sun does come out!!!  bear_flower

And now it's time to move on:

Please send any remaining hugs to Sarah Medina (Jellybelly Bears)... she and her family need them much more than I do... Hayley made a post about what they are going thru. You may have seen it.

I know the power of our friendship here on TT.... it can work wonders.... so please help Sarah!!

Here is her email: jbbears@ozemail.com.au
Hayley's post: http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=5581
Sarah's website if you'd like to 'meet' her: www.jellybellybears.com

Thank you. everyone for your thougtfulness!!

:hug: Daphne

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower  Hang in there, Daphne--day to day is the only way to go sometimes. Some days, minute to minute is heroic.  :hug:

If you don't get through all the day's work, and no one shows up at your door with an Uzi, it cannot have mattered that much. The hell with it.  bear_tongue

YES--send the Wheatens to me. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Nance!

I've GOT to get hold of The Dog Whisperer's book. We're over the worst of our adjustment period with new Bear and old Lucy and Dana, but it's been . . . noisy.

You're not a bad Mom, Daphne. Your doggie age-gap has got to be one of the most difficult. A baby and a toddler. Humans at that age are hard enough, but . . Terriers? Don't beat yourself up!

The only bit of advice I can think of offhand is pretty obvious. Dogs are pack animals, like people but more so. They need to know where they fit, or they become confused and unhappy, even if refusal to fit seems to have been their idea in the first place. Puppies and kittens don't learn not to bite and scratched unless their Mom teaches them, or unless their siblings bite and scratch back, and harder.

Smart as they are, they don't ask for correction, or see the need for it, so you have to insist.  With terriers, you really have to insist. If you watch a DogMom correcting her pups, she's quite rough and threatening.  Tucker isn't quite old enough to feel very Alpha-ish, so he probably looks to you as AlphaDog to put the little 'un in his place. Think dog.

The first few times, you need to make a strong impression. Rise to your full height. Bare your teeth. Growl. Yell. Read the little Dude the Riot Act till he's so flat on the floor he's almost two-dimensional. He's not going to think 'What's wrong with Mom?', he's going to think 'It's Mom!' You're not going to destroy the pup, or break his heart, or lose his love, or anything like that.

He does need to be able to connect the correction to his unacceptable action, and he absolutely needs the opportunity to submit himself humbly to you, which might involve licking your face, very minor peeing, averting his gaze, exposing his tummy, or all of the above, and he'll need to loved to bits afterward, but that's the doggy thing. After a few frights, all you have to do is raise a warning eyebrow. Sometimes you get the "But, Mom . . ." routine, but you just keep that eyebrow up.

I found a tip in "Dogs for Dummies" that really works when nothing else does. If the barking/pestering/snarkiness gets too bad, and the dogs themselves can't seem to figure a way to end it,  I have a little cannister of pennies ready, and I shake it in their faces. It makes an awful noise, changes the subject bigtime, and works like a charm. By now all I have to do is reach for the cannister. By the way, it's printed all over with the music and words to 'Silent Night'!

Eileen

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Glad to hear things are getting better, Daphne. That's exciting news about your potential trip to the movie set!!! Good thing come to good people  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm thinking of you, Daphne . . . best of luck on all fronts!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Hugs Daphne. :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Daphne,

Sorry to hear that life seems to be so hard and rocky at this time and hope that
soon you will be turning a corner and life will be bright and happy for you.
Sending you big hugs and prayers so that all things will work out for the best.

Hugs
Carolyn

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer