Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Wee Beary Tails Wee Beary Tails

Please take a moment to pop over to Bearpile to meet my latest bear 'Puddy Cat' I hope you like him: http://weebearytails.bearpile.com/ Don't forget that throughout June all my available bears will be delivered free worldwide - so take a look at my smaller creations too. If you like my bears visit my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wee-Bear … 3080997149 thank you for taking a look bear_original

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

I've never seen such perfect nose embroidery,FAB..U...LOUS!
Any tips for a hobbyist who is rubbish at this technique?

Wee Beary Tails Wee Beary Tails

Hello Studentbearmaker, thank you so much for your lovely comments about my noses! You're very kind, they've taken a lot of practice over the years, my tips would be make sure where you are going to embroider is nice and firm as a base for your nose. I do cut out a template freehand to suit the bear as a shape to follow from felt secure it in place and leave to dry. I use perle cotton thread, the thickness depends on the size of the nose, I start in the middle and work to the right, then back to the middle working to the left. I'm probably a bit too picky lol! I do often unpick a whole nose if I'm not happy with it, and daylight seems the best time to sew one bear_original Hope this helps!

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

Thank you Wee Beary Tails for sharing your technique :-)
I do most of that except the sewing in daylight tip so I'll give that a try.
I guess the secret is the years of practice and there's no quick fix so I'll just keep on trying to improve.
Good Luck with your sales,your bears are all beautifully made and so unique.

Board footer