Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I need you, dear friends!

As some of you may already now, I have been unemployed for more than 18 months now and this is driving me crazy.

I am a Scientist and have got a PhD in plant pathology (plant diseases).
I am searching some researcher position or Lecturer position (teaching+research in Universities).

In France, there are less and less opportunities. So I have found very few positions to apply for so far. So frustrating!

This year may bring me more chances: i applied for a research position in French Guiana, and I will apply for a Research ingeneer position in France, and for about 15 Lecturer positions in France by the end of the month. 15 may be a lot for you, but honnestly, I may not get many interview and would be happy if i get one! Very often, Universities have already a local candidate for the position... In addition if a candidate apply in an University where he has never been studying he has less chances than other candidates... Well, so you see the picture!

That means i need to keep searching more opportunities and now I need you!

I am ready to extend my job seeking to Australia and Canada+Quebec, but i have no idea how to find job opportunities for these countries. In France, I have a good websites on which there are a lot of announcements for scientific positions for Doctors like me. There are a few other websites too, not as good.

If you have any suggestion where to search, please tell me!

For you to have an idea what to look for:
As I said: researcher positions and Lecturer positions.
Research areas:
-plant pathology/disease;
-relations between plant and microorganisms;
-plant physiology; microbial diversity in soils;
-impact of chemicals/OGM, etc on soils, other plants and microorganisms...
Teaching areas: all related topics.

Please, extend to the study of micro-algae for Malko, who has a PhD in Plant Physiology and is searching a job too (he would prefer a Lecturer position). I add another major keyword for Malko: photosynthesis (for those who have no clue about it: photosynthesis is the use of light by plants, and other "green" organisms like some algae, to produce organic compounds like sugars).

Thanks in advance,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01700-2.JPGOh Sophie   bear_cry

I am so sorry you are having so many problems finding work.  I have been reading that this is happening to a lot of the Westernized European countires.  And the younger folks, like you, are becoming dissallusioned and depressed.

It is very sad, especially for those who are suffering, like you.  But it also speaks volumes about what is happening on a world wide basis.  And the prognisis isn't good.  As more highly trained people find themselves taking "Macdonald's" type jobs the standard of living falls.

In San Diego (California)  the single family homes are so expensive that 2 and sometimes 3 families go together, buy the house and divide it up.  Everyone then contributes to the mortgage. 

I am sorry for you, because you worked so very very hard to obtain your advanced degrees and you choose a field that would interest you and now you are very much faced with frustration.  I can not help you in any practical way, but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs
:hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

dilu

PS, Hi to Malko, I didn't forget.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Hi Sophie,

The only scientific jobs that I know about are with Defence Research in Canada.  I work for the Department of National Defence and most of the research is mine detection but Im sure there is a division that deals with soils and plants although I could be wrong.  Here is the website which might help you search for what you are looking for.

http://www.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/careers/careers_e.asp

Good Luck.

Jane

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I wish you EVERY success in finding a great job with even greater pay Sophie.

What a bummer that someone as intelligent as you is unemployed  bear_cry

Bon Chance!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Penny  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Sophie, 

I can't help you, but I wish you luck in finding a job.  I hope you find one soon.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sophie, I put the Proffessional appt page from the saturday paper aside so I could discuss with you your options.
Lisa has all ready given you most of the information I came by for you. I seem to be perpetuately behind everything at the moment. I found A number of mining companies in WA. I do know that these companies have a revegetation programme these days and was wondering if this was up your alley?
Like 'bhpbilliton' have a green-fields project and their 'philosophy' is ZERO HARM to people and the enviroment.
http://jobs.bhpbilliton.com
Another mining company is 'Rio Tinto' www.pilbarairon.com/careers
www.shell.com/careers/technical
There are more. I have just had a brain wave. No! it didnt hurt. hahaha Will go off and check it out now. spotya possum. Best of luck for you and Malko.    Wendyx

Board footer