Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

For all those who asked for Andy the Moon Bear to come visit, he has started his journey, and I received the following email about his first stop. Andrea is the US rep for Animals Asia.  bear_laugh  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_smile

Hi, Ellen,
I just heard from my teacher friend who said that a first, second, third and 4th grade class at her school all want the chance to meet Andy the Moon Bear and to write in the journal about Andy’s adventures and why Moon Bears need help. I gave a presentation to these 4 classes a while ago, so the kids are organizing a fundraiser and making posters, and the teachers are thrilled to have Andy visit their classes to keep the kids engaged!  This is so exciting!  So I’m wondering now if it is possible to have Andy stay at their school until Wednesday, March 29, and then I would mail him to the next person on the list on that date, so hopefully he would arrive at his next location soon after the 29th? If you’d rather he travel earlier, no worries. And I’ll be sure to let the teachers and children know that it’s very important to keep Andy clean and unblemished. 

Thanks so much for creating Andy and for starting this exciting journey!  I’m going to see if the kids have any small Vermont pins that they can add to his lovely vest.

Yay!

Enjoy the weekend!

Andi

:dance: So, Andy's trip has stated off wonderfully, and will not be to his 2nd stop in New Hampshire until around April 1st. The first 2 stops he is making are friends of mine, not connected with TT.  I promised I would keep updates on his journey here, and I will.... hope you all enjoy reading about his trip and adventures. Once I get some orders finished, I plan to make another Moon Bear to send overseas...  :hug: pandamac

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I can 't wait to see Andy! " Elizabeth Rose" Just got here and she is Darling!  Thankyou Ellen :hug:   I wqill post pictures soon.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

An update on Andy's journey. He has been at an elementary school in Burlington, Vermont for the past 10 days or so. On Thursday, there was an assembly at the school and the children talked about the bear and their visit with him The newspaper was there and he got some attention from the press. Andi will be putting a copy of the newspaper article in with Andy so you can read it when he stops by to visit.

Andi (the Animals Asia rep.) says she has been trying to get press coverage about Moon Bears, and it took a visit from a handmade stuffed moon bear to an elementary school for the press to take notice!

Andy will be in New Hampshire probably until April 10 or so, then he will be on his way to Florida.  :dance:  :dance:  bear_wub  bear_smile  bear_laugh

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

This is such a GREAT adventure!!  Just curious.....when will Moon Bear be in Oregon?

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm glad Andy is having a good trip so far.  I can't wait for him to come visit me!  It looks like he'll be after April 10th!  Yeah!   :dance:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I received an email this morning that Andy arrived safely in New Hampshire. Daphne, if you are back and want him to visit, PM me with your address and he will visit you before heading to Florida. If we miss that time, he can return to NH after he's been west.

Aleta, not sure of the dates he will be in Oregon. If you would like him to visit you while he is there, I'm sure we can make that arrangement. He is at his 2nd stop, Oregon will be stop # 7 or 8...........

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Last word I got from Andy is that he is getting ready to leave New Hampshire and head to visit Flordia........get ready Chrissie.........He sounds like he has been having so much fun, I wish it was me traveling and visiting all the places he is going to!

pandamac

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Andy has left New Hampshire and is on his way to Florida. While in New Hampshire, he went tree climbing, visited Temple Mountain, got to meet a Large wood carved bear (probably chain saw carved) I received pictures, but can not open them after I saved them on to my computer........ Gremlins are always at work!
Ellen

Website

Andy's coming to my house next!  I hope he gets here soon!   :dance:

Website

Andy is here!  I try to keep you updated on this thread about what he's doing.  He's just resting today because he's tired from traveling.

Website

andy_the_moon_bear-air-show.jpgAndy gave me this report and I typed it for him:
I arrived in South Florida the other day and it’s sunny and warm.  I was born in New York so this is a change.  I rested for the next 2 days because I was tired from my travels.  I was in Vermont and New Hampshire before arriving in Florida, which is my 3rd stop. 

Yesterday, I rode on a bike to the Fort Lauderdale Air and Sea Show, which is a salute to our brave military men and women.  There are air and sea acts the whole weekend.  Representatives from all branches of the military are there.  The show is in its 12th year and there are estimates that millions of people attend the show.  The best views are from 4 miles of beaches in Fort Lauderdale, and that’s where I watched the show from.  It was a warm and sunny day without any clouds in the sky.  I saw the ocean and the sand for the first time.  A ship called the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower was parked in the water off the beach.  I also saw a Coast Guard boat and thousands of civilian boats in the water watching the show.  The beach was packed with people.  I got to sit in a military hummer and have my picture taken.  I didn’t see any other bears there though. 

I loved seeing all the aircraft, but they were so loud that I had to cover my ears a lot.  Some of the planes flew so close that I thought I could touch them with my paws.  I can’t believe what these pilots can do – it’s a lot for a bear to take in.  I saw military and civilian air acts that flew up to 500 miles an hour.  I saw the F22 Raptor, which is our newest fighter plane.  Wow!  I saw a plane refueling 2 Blackhawk helicopters in the air and an air-sea rescue.  I also saw Warthogs (a tank killer), F16 Falcon (can fly up to 1,500 mph), F15 Strike Eagle (can fly up to 1,875 mph), C130 (a transport plane), Canadian Snowbirds, Red Baron planes, American Airlines planes and others.  I saw the B2 Stealth Bomber, and I could barely hear it.  The last act of the day was the Blue Angels.  They were great, and I couldn’t believe how close together they flew.  Sometimes the planes would come out of nowhere and fly right over your head!  Sometimes they would like they were going to fly into each other, but then they turned at the last second.  They flew in many different formations. 

That evening I went to the pier on the beach and went shopping in some beachy stores.  I went to dinner at a restaurant on the beach.  I had a fun day and can’t wait for my next adventure.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Wow! Andy, sounds like a fun-filled tiring day. Hope you got some good rest last night so you're ready for the next adventure! This is Franzi writing, I'm about to leave for a tour of Australia then England. Hope I have exciting tours like you are having!

bear_wub Franzi (as told to Pandamac)

Website

Franzi,

I hope you have a great trip!  I can't wait to read about your adventures!  I hope you'll read about my adventures too. 

Andy (Chrissie typed this for me)

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

The following is a poem sent to me by Jane in UK, who runs the China Bear Rescue Spport Group South Somerset. This poem was written by her when Andrew died.

SLEEP TIGHT ANDREW

Goodnight our dear sweet Andrew, we all loved you so much
Your friends will miss you deeply and from all the hearts you touched

You`re sleeping like an Angel, the stars are now your home
You loved to sleep beneath them, now amongst them you will roam

Your friends are there to meet you, you know them all so well
The pain they all had suffered living in their cage of hell

But now they are at peace now, just like your final years
You`ll inspire us to carry on amongst our deepest fears

You came to us our first dear Bear, you will always be our star
We will carry on for you Andrew now we have come this far

Sleep Tight our dear sweet Andrew, goodnight, its not the end
And thank you for the joy you gave to all

God Bless Our Very Special Friend

Just thought I would share it with everyone here.

pandamac

Website

That poem made my eyes tear.   bear_cry

Andy was out by the pool the other day.  He's getting ready for his trip to Disneyworld this week.  We're leaving on Wednesday.

Board footer