Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pages:
Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I sincerely hope that all our Aussie TT are safe and unharmed from the devastating storm that hit the Queensland area. My thoughts and prayers are with all those who have been affected
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

oh boy, I've just heard about the storms I hope everyone is ok.

Hugs Jane  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_sad   I'll echo that... it looks horrible on the computer screen!!!  bear_sad  I do hope everyone's safe!!!  :hug:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

All of you Aussie TTers...Hope you are all safe...When I read the news story about Cyclone Larry last night, all I could think of were all the folks who I have gotten to know on here who are from that part of the world...keeping you all in my thoughts!

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

I also hope everyone is safe :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Everybody okay down there in OZ?  There was a severe draught in our area when I left town, and I came back to flash flooding from rain storms.  Go figure!  Surely hope you are all safe down under!  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Hi

We have been very fortunate that there were no deaths as a result of cyclone Larry!!

I have several friends that live in the area.  The devastation is very horrific to say the least.  I have just finished reading our local paper and there is a picture of a lady standing in her house and there is no roof.  Her sewing machine is sitting on the bench and looks untouched. 

We are very lucky that our warning systems for cyclones are very good but nothing can really prepare you for the damage.  Our government seems to be acting very quickly.  They have already organised allot of the essential services - the power system will not be fully operational for several weeks but they have organised huge generators to be transported in.

Our thoughts are with them.  They have lots of work to clean up the mess left by all the debris.

If you would like more info - you can go to one of the aussie news sites like www.news.com.au

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I hope everyone is ok.  Thanks for updating us, Lisa.  As soon as I heard about the storm, I immediately wondered about all the Aussie TTers.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Living in Florida, I know how bad hurricanes/cyclones can be and Category 5 is really bad.  Sending many hugs to Australia.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

It's certainly very scary to see all those scenes of devastation...I guess the fact that the area isn't as densely populated as a place like New Orleans has saved many deaths.
The saddest part is that many who lost their homes have also lost there means of income. Last I heard $350,000,000 worth of crops were flattened and 80% of the countries' banana plantations.
Guess our 'nanas' being pricey for the next few years will be a small price to pay when there could have been lives lost.
Thanks to all for your concern about your Aussie friends. :hug:

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

I'm so glad we don't get cyclones where I'm from. (Toowoomba) But we get alot of wind afterwards.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I have just watched the news tonight and the after effects are terrible.
I do sure hope that the other cyclone, they are preditcting from Fiji, blows itself out by the time it gets near to land.
Our thoughts are with all the people there and hope that they stay safe.

Hugs
Carolyn

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hugs and heartfelt prayers to our Australia friends  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:    :hug:    :hug:    :hug:    :hug:  take care and stay safe  :pray:   :pray:

Frangipani Bears Posts: 8

Thanks for the all the good wishes from everyone.
My hubby was heading up that way for work and got half way there when the cyclone hit. Thankfully his boss phoned and said come back come back!!!!!!!!  He still has to go up there but hopefully the Fijian cyclone will have blown itself out by then. Have friends who live up that way but cannot get in touch with them so hopefully they are all OK.
Keep them all in your prayers along with all the others too.   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

Oz Matilda - do you live near Coffs???  They have the BEST bananas in the country I reckon.  Every time I go down that way - which is not often enough - we always stop for some Coffs narnies. Love them. bear_grin

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I hope two you are all safe in Oz!
Take care! I will cross my fingers for you!

So frightenning that storms etc!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Best Dressed Bears Best Dressed Bears
Melbourne

To everyone effected by the Cyclones in Queensland you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Bear hugs and smiles 
Kerrie David and Ashlee

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

It was amazing and nice to hear that no one was killed. I sure hope that the next one changes direction and misses you! Hugs & prayers, Terrie

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I'm so glad no lives were lost! The destruction was terrible to see. I hope all our Aussie TT friends are safe and well. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

We are located in Victoria which is a fair way from this tragedy.
I would like to send my best wishes to any Aussies that were impacted by Cyclone Larry, and very thankful that no lives were lost, our thoughts and prayers are with you  and support as well. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I'm relieved that no lives were lost...and can only hope this next cyclone will blow itself out long before landfall.  Sending along  :hug:   for all having to face the cleanups and loss of home, hearth and income  bear_sad 

Is this the beginning of your hurricane season down there?

zemeski Posts: 434

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. My husband just came back from working in New Orleans. He said it is still bad down their. He said going through parts of the disaster areas gives you a sick feeling. We just don't know what something is like until we have experienced it first hand. I feel bad sometimes because I'm bad about just going back to my life and day by day routine. I forget that some don't have a routine to go back to. Please forgive me for being human!! May God be with you all!! Stay strong in your thoughts!!!

bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Let me echo everyones sentiments!!
Living southwest in Western Australia we are quite protected here, except for the odd tornado. I too have friends in the Queensland region. I pray with everyone else that they are all safe. The army are already setting things to rights. But unfortunately because of the wide spread devastation that has also ventured inland it will take sometime to get the regions back to functioning.  My heart goes out to all those affected. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_flower      Matildax

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Not heard from my brother and he is near that way  Valery/ Coffs harbour, but sure he must be OK otherwise we would have heard
Lynette

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Just got email from my brother, with a picture of his house before the flood !!!!!!!!! it is still standing, so looks like they are OK, he is on a farm and has a riding school. The have 50 horses on the farm, it is called Valery Trails- so if any of you chatters are that way , please visit and tell him that I SAID you can have free rides
bear_grin  bear_grin
Lynette

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

I must have been on Mars - I've only just seen the newsfootage - I sincerely hope it looks worse than it is if you see what I mean. I hope everyone (including the wildlife) is O.K.  Don't you feel sooooo helpless being so far away?

Sandra

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I know I do.

I'm glad it looks worse than it was, in terms of stealing lives.  But I'm just heartsick that yet another place in the world faces such devastation and stress and rebuilding.

:(

Am I the only person who is secretly and superstitiously afraid that all this weirdo, tragic, weather-related stuff of the last year or so (tsunami, Katrina, now this) MEANS something?

I'm not one into forecasting the future or declaring DOOM or THE APOCALYPSE or anything like that.  But WOW... I can't remember a time in my 40 years of life that there have been so many significant weather-related events, of such massive devastation, so close together in time and space.

Then again, maybe I was just too young or self-involved to notice before!

Anyway... I'm relieved to hear that, as bad as things got, things could have been SIGNIFICANTLY worse down under.  Whew!

Pages:

Board footer