Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
zemeski Posts: 434
Shelli wrote:

I know I do.

I'm glad it looks worse than it was, in terms of stealing lives.  But I'm just heartsick that yet another place in the world faces such devastation and stress and rebuilding.

:(

Am I the only person who is secretly and superstitiously afraid that all this weirdo, tragic, weather-related stuff of the last year or so (tsunami, Katrina, now this) MEANS something?

I'm not one into forecasting the future or declaring DOOM or THE APOCALYPSE or anything like that.  But WOW... I can't remember a time in my 40 years of life that there have been so many significant weather-related events, of such massive devastation, so close together in time and space.

Then again, maybe I was just too young or self-involved to notice before!

Anyway... I'm relieved to hear that, as bad as things got, things could have been SIGNIFICANTLY worse down under.  Whew!

Shelli - I do believe GOD is trying to get all our attention!! He'll get it one way or another as we can see and have seen!!!

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears
Shelli wrote:

I know I do.

I'm glad it looks worse than it was, in terms of stealing lives.  But I'm just heartsick that yet another place in the world faces such devastation and stress and rebuilding.

:(

Am I the only person who is secretly and superstitiously afraid that all this weirdo, tragic, weather-related stuff of the last year or so (tsunami, Katrina, now this) MEANS something?

I'm not one into forecasting the future or declaring DOOM or THE APOCALYPSE or anything like that.  But WOW... I can't remember a time in my 40 years of life that there have been so many significant weather-related events, of such massive devastation, so close together in time and space.

Then again, maybe I was just too young or self-involved to notice before!

Anyway... I'm relieved to hear that, as bad as things got, things could have been SIGNIFICANTLY worse down under.  Whew!

I'm not sure things haven't always been this way in a sense - but with communications being so much more immediate we hear about everything sooooooooo quickly.  Pretty soon we'll actually see and hear the 'butterfly flapping its wings in the forest'.  Perhaps the planet needs these periodic destructions to regerate and remain so beautiful!

Sandra

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Lisa said:

Her sewing machine is sitting on the bench and looks untouched.

I love that you picked up on that detail!

I hope and pray you all will be OK....Lives torn asunder, very hard to keep your chin up and battle on

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pages:

Board footer